Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

User Donations

secretprojects

Charter Member
Website
secretprojects.co.uk
Credits
It isn't exactly monetisation, but I have been able to cover all my costs for 17 years via user donations.

This only works if your user view your forum as valuable to them, but I am able to raise money every few years via a donation request and get enough money to pay all costs (hosting, domain name, Xenforo license etc) for several years.

I run the site as a hobby, not a business, and I do all the admin work for free, but its nice not having to pay for it.

I've had individual donations of $200 US more than once.

I've been regularly approached to sell the forum and domain, but I'm not interested. Likewise with advertising. I generally dislike advertising on sites, so I don't want to put ads on my forum.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
It isn't exactly monetisation, but I have been able to cover all my costs for 17 years via user donations.

This only works if your user view your forum as valuable to them, but I am able to raise money every few years via a donation request and get enough money to pay all costs (hosting, domain name, Xenforo license etc) for several years.

I run the site as a hobby, not a business, and I do all the admin work for free, but its nice not having to pay for it.

I've had individual donations of $200 US more than once.

I've been regularly approached to sell the forum and domain, but I'm not interested. Likewise with advertising. I generally dislike advertising on sites, so I don't want to put ads on my forum.
The way I see it you're doing it like Wikipedia does.

No ads. Being dependent on user donations.

If people like the content and website enough, they donate.

Your forums give your membership value :)

It's something I'm going to add to my forum over the coming months to help with the monthly payments. I don't expect much but every little helps!

It's something I'm going to add to my forum over the coming months to help with the monthly payments. I don't expect much but every little helps!
I think your member base will be glad to help! You have a nice community built up. When you get to that point, people care enough to donate to the server costs :)

I think your member base will be glad to help! You have a nice community built up. When you get to that point, people care enough to donate to the server costs :)

Yeah they're a good bunch but I don't expect any money. Difficult time out there for everyone. Anything would be great!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds