Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Understanding and using subdomains.

Niyi

Reputable member
Credits
A subdomain is a segment of a domain name that allows organizations to create a unique and separate web presence from the main domain. For example, "support.example.com" is a subdomain of "example.com".

Subdomains are useful for organizing content, establishing trust and credibility, improving SEO, and creating unique landing pages for marketing campaigns. To use a subdomain, you need to have a domain name and access to the domain's control panel where you can create and manage subdomains. Subdomains are a flexible and cost-effective way to expand a website's functionality and reach a broader audience.

Advertisement Placeholder
There was a time when I created sites using subdomains, however, these days, I like creating sites on the directory instead of subdomains.

Using a subdomain has its own advantages and disadvantages.
ADVANTAGES:
1. Better search engine optimization
2. Easier navigation
3. Increased brand recognition
DISADVANTAGES:
1. Difficult to manage
2. May create confusion for the visitors
3. May create problems while switching to a new subdomain.

There was a time when I created sites using subdomains, however, these days, I like creating sites on the directory instead of subdomains.
It could be a paid domain but for example there is many parts on the website like for example having blog.website.com and forum.website.com and offerwall.website.com instead of three websites then three hostings then all of them in one place.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds