Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Twitter

ddoesmc

Recognized member
Credits
Do you use Twitter to help promote your website? I don't because I don't see a need to promote on Social Media.

Advertisement Placeholder
I didn't set up a Twitter account for my website. I did however promote my website on other people's Twitter pages. The people who owned the twitter profiles had a lot of followers so this means my website gained a lot of exposure when they posted a tweet for me.

We here at Website Forums have launched our very own Twitter account last month in order to get the word out about this forum to more places and gain more new members. We're giving it a shot and see how it goes.

There are some forums that do very well without having to be promoted via social networking, then there are those that do well with them. The end results of forums being promoted via their own social networking accounts can be ether positive, negative, or a mix of both. On the positive side, forums can gain new members and boost activity more. On the negative side, spamming can increase even greater than it was before. It all depends on the forum.

I use Twitter and other social networks aswell to promote my website. Does your website get alot of organic traffic? as you dont see a need to promote on social networks?

Typically what I seen that promoting via Social Media is the like of running a blog. You need to "reel in" the readers before you can promote your websites/services/etc. As with blogs it another thing to maintain and such so.. I prefer to stick to being active in communities, in house, and such that most likely going to bring better conversions. Per hour of time and efforts and such.

Typically what I seen that promoting via Social Media is the like of running a blog. You need to "reel in" the readers before you can promote your websites/services/etc. As with blogs it another thing to maintain and such so.. I prefer to stick to being active in communities, in house, and such that most likely going to bring better conversions. Per hour of time and efforts and such.
Yeah i get what you mean, you have to establish a following first on your social networks before you can promote to them, and that can be a big enough job on its own just getting the likes / followers. :p That said, i still think it is important to have social networks pages / profiles for your websites. :p For my website / WordPress blog, i have all the social networks for it linked to it, so when i publish something on it, it share the content straight to my Facebook Page, Twitter, G+, etc.. automatically so i dont have to keep going through them all sharing my new stuff. :p Also, if you add hashtags into the shares (from a setting on WordPress), that also helps get some more views on your shares from people on Facebook, Twitter, etc.. that dont follow you. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds