Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

TV ads or Radio Ads?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I am thinking about trying a local TV ad.
I don't know about the costs and how effective that would be.
What are your opinions about it?
Has anyone tried it!

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never seen a forum advertised on any TV advert, lol. But, if you want maximum exposure, pick a slot inbetween the most popular program. Will cost alot more but you never know eh!

well i got into forums through a TV advert - sky news used to advertise their forum with the plug "looking for an argument"

i would suggest a more effective way for websites and forums would be product placement - i mean if you can get a character in eastenders shown using your website for instance

Not for forum! :p
Its for one of my another website for recipes! :)

Ah, I see! Well for websites, I'd endorse it if you have the cash for it because you always see 'websites' on the TV over here, if only to sell services.

well i got into forums through a TV advert - sky news used to advertise their forum with the plug "looking for an argument"

i would suggest a more effective way for websites and forums would be product placement - i mean if you can get a character in eastenders shown using your website for instance

Never that Sky advert, must watch more TV..:p I'm sure PP is quite expensive though lol, only just started happening in the UK. I don't know what it is like with xpl0iter in India though. (Correct me if Im wrong xploiter!)

Every now and then I used to see some adverts of websites in tv channels. Like for instance, websites like olx.in.
Product placement is a nice idea. But I guess it will be costlier than normal ads! :/
I have to study the market.

the sky adverts were years ago - about 2006. they stopped advertising because they could not be bothered to run the forum properly - it was a bloodbath and all sorts of stuff got left for days or weeks. then a couple of year ago they closed them without warning - and i inherited a big chunk as i had got fed up and was running a small alternative site that became medium sized over night

yes it was good - i just wished i had been more prepared. my little site was set up as a no rules site with a small membership that could handle no rules then suddenly had a big surge of members who couldnt - and even after a year from the introduction of rules people would still object to being told off or whatever by telling me the site was no rules

I am thinking about trying a local TV ad.
I don't know about the costs and how effective that would be.
What are your opinions about it?
Has anyone tried it!

You're better off trying local radio... If you know someone who runs a community radio channel they can get you ad in their pretty cheap. I was offered, when I ran Jobs4Teens.co.nz, a spot on the local radio which had 10,000 Saturday morning listeners for $20 for 5 ads throughout the morning- I didn't take it though.

I don't have many community radio stations over here, most of the big ones are owned by Austereo/Fox. Possibly try for one of the bigger ones, every year one over here has a morning where if you call up you get a pecial like 80% off or something, where they do your advert 40 times throughout the month for their 50,000 listeners through their peak times so mornings and afternoons for something like $40 or something like that

TV ads are expensive. But it's really effective. If you are just starting out, better resort to radio ads for the mean time. It might hurt.

It must be expensive and profit margin is less, try to spend money on other services, TV ads ain't good enough for advertise.

No don't spend money on tv ads, it won't worth your business.
pay some money to me, i'll post to anywhere whatever you want :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds