Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Admin Well-being True or False: 90% of successfully running a forum is your own time management

Conversations on avoiding burnout and maintaining enthusiasm while running a forum

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
This is going to be a controversial post.

The vast majority of your forum's success is your own time management. True or False?

1720456845569.png

Advertisement Placeholder
I think time management is a factor.

I think patience and consistency is another set of factors that tie into that.

Can you devote a good portion of your life to a forum? Or can you only get on it here and there?

The more you devote, the bigger the community will get and the easier it will get but it's hard at first which is why you need to devote as much time to it.

I like to set reminders.

I use an app called ToDoist because I'm old and I forget everything LOL. The app reminds me to post content and check for replies on a daily basis. Sometimes that's what it takes for time management success.

I wouldn't say that time management takes up 90% of the time running a forum but it does take up a considerable amount, I would say 50% if I were to estimate.

The success of a forum not only comes down to time management but it also comes down to dedication and consistency as well. If you start a forum hoping to blow up in a few weeks, then you will more than likely give up when that does not happen, you have to have the mind set of it's going to take some time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds