Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📢 Feedback TOR access blocked?

Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
Are you blocking TOR onion routes here?
Friend of mine has been trying to register after I told him he may want to participate over here and he uses TOR browser.
I was blocking TOR at the CF level, but I've gotten away from it now as I have a few valid users using it. I have enabled Onion Routing in CloudFlare and haven't had any major issues so far.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are no add-ons that block TOR, and Cloudflare allows Onion Routing

1718031024148.png

Do you know his username? We have email issues for registration, but nothing that I can see that would block a TOR browser registration (but I'm also not that familiar with TOR browsers)

He never can get to the point of creating an account. Turnstile apparent keeps timing out on him in TOR browser. He said he keeps refreshing, getting a new TOR circuit and even having TOR do a new identity - which apparently restarts TOR browser fresh?
I don't think it's anything on this sites end, but something with CloudFlare and TOR browser for him. I do know that he has his browser set up to look like it comes out of Canada. Maybe that has something to do with it.
I'll suggest him to comment out that setting and just use the normal onion routing process. I think the reason he did that was he was tired of it showing him coming out of some Asian countries and hitting some site blocks.

I'll definitely investigate this upcoming weekend - I've honestly never done TOR, so I'm curious what the experience is anyways.

This obviously won't help him immediately, other than to invite him to simply use a normal browser with a VPN to register. I really, genuinely, don't sell or care about IP addresses or where they're from.

I'll definitely investigate this upcoming weekend - I've honestly never done TOR, so I'm curious what the experience is anyways.

This obviously won't help him immediately, other than to invite him to simply use a normal browser with a VPN to register. I really, genuinely, don't sell or care about IP addresses or where they're from.
Heck, he even uses TOR to access my site... and I know where he lives and more about him.
I may suggest him trying one of the web VPN access as he doesn't have money to pay for a VPN (ergo why I sold him my XF license with add-ons for $25 and let him pay it out over a year) and provide his hosting for him.
He's disabled and hadn't worked long enough to draw a lot on disability.
He's just one of those that have a paranoia about folks tracking him.

If there's anything that you can think of like for CloudFlare or XF settings, let me know and I'll be happy to investigate. Scratching my head on this one, but I appreciate the referral!

If there's anything that you can think of like for CloudFlare or XF settings, let me know and I'll be happy to investigate. Scratching my head on this one, but I appreciate the referral!
Got em scratching my head also. I know he said that frequently the Turnstile over at XF takes forever and sometimes does the same thing but generally he can get in.
I'm rather busy now trying to chase down some issues in a RPI/Ubuntu guide I have created and a user is having problems. I can't duplicate their issues as each install I've done all have worked. Only difference is our DSLR cameras.

He just texted me and told me he changed his settings to minimal on TOR browser and then opened the registration page in a new window/session. Apparently it finally worked and he said his account is pending.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds