Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

The role of social media in modern communication

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Social media has had a significant impact on modern communication and how people connect with each other. It has made it easier for people to stay in touch, share information, and connect with others who have similar interests, etc.

There are many benefits to using social media for communication. One is the ability to reach a large and diverse audience quickly and easily. Another is the convenience of being able to communicate with others from anywhere with an internet connection. Additionally, social media has made it possible for people to connect with others who they might not have been able to meet otherwise, such as through mutual friends or shared interests.

However, there are also challenges and drawbacks to using social media for communication. One is the potential for misunderstandings or miscommunication due to the lack of nonverbal cues in online communication. Another is the risk of cyberbullying and online harassment. Additionally, there are concerns about privacy and the use of personal information on social media platforms.

Overall, social media has had a major impact on modern communication. What changed for you when you started using these mediums? As in not webmaster related stuff of course.

Advertisement Placeholder
Agree, there are many advantage but disadvantage also of social media. I just registered my account on social media on suggestion of my friend working with me in a company. I was using social media ocassionally but after sometime when i start my own business then i started to share related stuffs there .... I think i did not get any benefits in my business but now its just new channels for me like what is going on in politics in my country or globally. I just share my services and offers and watch what is going on in world but not aspect anything .... Its just timepass for me.

Social media have killed the old means of communication that we used to know. Most people don't even know how to communicate in person but they will be very active online. Social media sites have the world a global village where millions of people are connected with ease. They certainly made communication very easy.

I really don't use social media aside from Reddit, and that's just to browse my favorite subreddits. I tried using Facebook on like 4 different occasions but I always either delete or deactivate my account. Apparently, Facebook just isn't my cup of tea, one of the primary reasons is I don't have a whole lot of acquaintances or friends.

It's nice that people can communicate efficiently and effectively, but social media has also made it where we're less communicative in person, I think.

..... social media has also made it where we're less communicative in person, I think.
This is the biggest reality check of how the use of social media sites have impacted negatively on most of us today. So many of us are guilty of this right now to the extent that when they are with people in person, they will pay more attention to pressing their smartphone and chatting online than being involved in real life with those they are with.

This is the biggest reality check of how the use of social media sites have impacted negatively on most of us today. So many of us are guilty of this right now to the extent that when they are with people in person, they will pay more attention to pressing their smartphone and chatting online than being involved in real life with those they are with.
I've always been kind of reserved, but I think smartphones made it even worse for me. I stare at them most of the time while sitting in public. The older generations were generally talking with each other while the younger generations were staring at their phones. I'm a culprit.

I've always been kind of reserved, but I think smartphones made it even worse for me. I stare at them most of the time while sitting in public. The older generations were generally talking with each other while the younger generations were staring at their phones. I'm a culprit.
We all are frankly speaking. It's why when I'm with some people or even my parents, what I do is switch off my smartphone till I'm done with them. It's the only way the phone wouldn't get in the way of my focus while discussing with them.

Aye, I'm the same. It's grown into a normal thing.

Aye, I'm the same. It's grown into a normal thing.
A normal thing that's going to be a very big problem for future generations if they don't do something about it now. Imagine getting to the phase in life where people won't like to talk with themselves face to face. It's bad.

A normal thing that's going to be a very big problem for future generations if they don't do something about it now. Imagine getting to the phase in life where people won't like to talk with themselves face to face. It's bad.
Yeah that would be a disaster. I don't think humanity would let it come that far, but you never know.

Oh, and just using the words "Boards" is a negative these days. These young people that are on the internet and social media think a board is a wooden thing that you build houses with, lol. People are using communities nowday. Even Kier said in a podcast that the word board referring to a forum is a thing of the past in today's society.

Oh, and just using the words "Boards" is a negative these days. These young people that are on the internet and social media think a board is a wooden thing that you build houses with, lol. People are using communities nowday. Even Kier said in a podcast that the word board referring to a forum is a thing of the past in today's society.
Board has never been a popular word to begin with. It has always been forums and I remember seeing BB as bulletin board reference but was never a fan of it personally.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds