Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Talk to staff?

Credits
How do you keep in contact with the staff on your forum? Do you have a special section on your forum just for staff? Do you have a chatbox on your forum just for staff to talk? Do you use Skype to chat with your staff?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have a staff forum for "official communication" type things. However, I really like using Skype. It's really nice for urgent communication when time is really important, and it's really a nice way to screw around with your staff as well.

A lot of the staff I hire either have Skype or will download it if I ask them to do so. Generally, that's how I communicate with my staff members. Optionally, each individual team has their own group chat that admins participate in so that everyone can work closely together and ensure goals and project deadlines are met.

We have a dedicated staff board however that is for more official business. For casual talk and time sensitive matters we use Skype for correspondence. I think having both options is important in running a forum. They both have their pros and cons.

We have a dedicated staff board however that is for more official business. For casual talk and time sensitive matters we use Skype for correspondence. I think having both options is important in running a forum. They both have their pros and cons.
I agree.

My phone and Skype. I'm actually more reliable if you start texting me, as Skype you will probably be ignored if it's not important, or until I get on there to reply. :p Skype is more of the "chillax" communication, important info that we need to go back to is on the staff boards, and everything else is via phone.

I honestly hate Skype but since a merge I did, we utilized Skype a bit more....That being said I have a forum specifically for staff to discuss with them when I need or vice versa :) It works well the last 4 years.

On my forum, we have staff groups, PM on the forum, Skype, Skype staff group, email, and text.

We have a lot of ways for everyone to keep in contact with each other just in case someone is needed.

We used to have a Skype Staff Group Chat. We also communicated by Discord in a private channel. It's essential we have a way of communicating since we have important discussions about the online community and we can also use Discord and Skype to communicate with each other.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds