Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Switching to a different Niche

Credits
In recent events of @Shortie 's forum switching niche from General Chat to Promotion with Promotion Addicts (Formerly Chat Addicts)

We often face the challenge of deciding whether to stick with our current niche or switch to a new one. Whether it's due to changing interests, a desire for greater profitability, or other reasons, the decision to switch niches can be a difficult one.

Staying in a familiar niche can provide a sense of security and stability. You may have an established audience and a good understanding of what works in your current niche. However, if you're feeling burnt out, stagnant or just generally want to have something different, switching to a new niche can reinvigorate your creativity and offer exciting new opportunities for growth.

Switching niches can be a risky move. You may have to start from scratch in terms of building an audience and developing content that resonates with your new target audience. Additionally, there may be challenges associated with rebranding and marketing yourself in a new niche.

So, should you make the leap? It depends on your individual circumstances and goals. If you're feeling inspired and confident about your ability to succeed in a new niche, it may be worth taking the risk. However, if you're unsure or hesitant, it may be best to stay put and focus on improving your current niche.

Have you ever considered switching niches? What factors did you consider when making your decision? Join the conversation and share your insights with other webmasters who may be facing the same challenge!

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never really considered switching niches since I've been in the same niche for about over a decade now where I thoroughly enjoy building new resources and offering my support with the knowledge I have. I have disowned a few niches due to not having a great audience interested in them or the interest to keep them alive but for the primary niches I have used, I haven't really switched out.

When it gets to the point where you have to switch from one forum niche to another, it means that you're no longer convinced about the current niche that you're working with and it's no longer realistic for you to meet any of your goals in it hence the reason for the switch. But it's very important to know exactly to what niche you're switching to because if it happens often, even your members will lose interest.

I have switched the niche of my forum, TheeZone. Or I should say I mixed three communities that had similar niches into one huge forum. One was a video game related forum mainly focused around challenges, a Battlebots community, and a general entertainment forum. Since the three can intertwine with each other, I decided to merge them all together instead of having three separate forums into one mega forum. It can certainly bring more life into a forum that you may be getting burnt out on.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds