Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Still own a small antennae based TV?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I have this old analog TV sitting in my closet that hasn't been used in years. I imagine it still turns on, but I haven't tested in in a very long time. I was thinking about hooking an antennae to it to see if it can still get channels.

I was thinking about modifying it to be more modern, as in replacing all the insides with a table or something, so it can look like an old TV, but work like a smart device. Has anyone here ever repurposed an old TV?

Advertisement Placeholder
No, myself, my wife, and my kids have a smart tv in our bedrooms and living room. I haven't had an old box television since I was 24. I had one that I gave away to a guy that I used to work with.

I can honestly say that I have not seen an old antennae TV in a long time. I remember as a kid we used to have a few in the house but my parents always either sold them or gave them to charity to sell when they bought a new TV.

We now have either smart TVs or normal HD TVs in the house now but nothing as old as an antennae-based one.

I can honestly say that I have not seen an old antennae TV in a long time. I remember as a kid we used to have a few in the house but my parents always either sold them or gave them to charity to sell when they bought a new TV.

We now have either smart TVs or normal HD TVs in the house now but nothing as old as an antennae-based one.

This is right. It is an era of the smart TVs as they offer more features and better picture quality. So, a lot of homes are now discarding their old TV with the antenna 📡 for the new TVs that offer much more in terms of usability and better features.

I have a TV antenna but the antenna can no longer receive signals from any TV channels because most of the TV channels are paid. There are a couple of state owned TV chnnels that can be accessed by the antenna but I do not use it as these channels do not have a good reception.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds