Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Starting Up a Site for "Warming Up" Online Presence?

Friendly Survival

Reputable member
Credits
Hello everyone,

I am considering on starting up a website in order to "warm up" my online presence prior to launching a business website. However I am kinda confused on what options I have to do this successfully.

I seen people doing forums and blogs for this purposes. Is it because it's "proven" to be most effective websites to do such? Or are there other website types that deliver good results too?

I looking forward for any inputs I can get regarding this thought of my. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
It would be a really good start to give us some information on what kind of business you plan on starting.

It would be a really good start to give us some information on what kind of business you plan on starting.

I am planning to start a website hosting based business. But I wondering about doing a project before it to "warm up" my own presence so when I do launch this business there will be likely a backing plus traffic to get orders from.

I am planning to start a website hosting based business. But I wondering about doing a project before it to "warm up" my own presence so when I do launch this business there will be likely a backing plus traffic to get orders from.
Hah, right up my alley my friend. I have run www.USHost247.com for the past 7 years. :) I can answer pretty much any question you have. To be honest, jumping right into the business is the best way to learn. 8 years ago I started on a reseller account from a webhost and I learned everything myself from googling and trial and error. Now 7 years later, here we are. :)

Honestly given the market saturation for something like website hosting you're reaaaaaally gonna want to stand out.

Not that's it hugely uncommon, but you could maybe do something like a dev blog? Post about the creation of the web hosting company(like about challenges you may encounter, making major progress etc) as you're building it. Some people(myself included) like having a window into the creation process.

Hah, right up my alley my friend. I have run www.USHost247.com for the past 7 years. :smiley: I can answer pretty much any question you have. To be honest, jumping right into the business is the best way to learn. 8 years ago I started on a reseller account from a webhost and I learned everything myself from googling and trial and error. Now 7 years later, here we are. :smiley:

Thank you very much for willing to be there for me in those regards. :)

However in order to deploy my plans I am pending and working out all of the fine details for my offerings. As I will be providing an unique experience to my customers. However I were wondering about getting myself "out there" for some time. Before I simply just "pull the trigger" and expects people to line up.

That is why I am wondering about options/ideas for doing just that so when I DO open the shop I will more likely have trust and reputation "baked in" and an existing traffic source to leverage.

Honestly given the market saturation for something like website hosting you're reaaaaaally gonna want to stand out.

Not that's it hugely uncommon, but you could maybe do something like a dev blog? Post about the creation of the web hosting company(like about challenges you may encounter, making major progress etc) as you're building it. Some people(myself included) like having a window into the creation process.

I completely understanding what you means by the fact that industry is so difficult to enter. Given not only what you said word to word but also the pure fact of the internet.

With that said thank you for sharing your thoughts about opening up a blog or something to share about the "steps" and such I am taking to hit "market shelves".

Never let other competitors hinder your will power to do something. If you feel like you’d be willing to put in the work to build a web host, then keep at it!

You can’t fail unless you just give up.
Just by posting on forums under the same username will gain your “exposure” and “rep” you are searching for. People know me very well due to me posting all around on popular forums under the same name.

Last edited:
Never let other competitors hinder your will power to do something. If you feel like you’d be willing to put in the work to build a web host, then keep at it!

You can’t fail unless you just give up.
Just by posting on forums under the same username will gain your “exposure” and “rep” you are searching for. People know me very wel due to me posting all around on popular forums under the same name.

Thank you very much for your encouragement and letting me know that!

I am very glad people are more willing to share here! :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds