Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff who favour certain people

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What would you do if you caught a staff member favouring a person because of a personal relationship, friendship etc?

I personally would have a word with the staff member about what they are doing and why they are doing so. Unless they could give me a good reason as to why, I would then carry out the correct punishment so as to show members of the forum that we do not favour people.

Advertisement Placeholder
If the staff favoured one person in a way of pissing off other users, then thats something we have to be careful about. But usually a staff member doesn't do this IMO. But in case it happens, just like you said, its better to have a word about this with him and ask him not to do this again explaining the reasons.

I think a staff member can still be impartial even when they like a certain person on a forum and failure to do so should be punished by giving them a warning... :)

It's not OK. We all tend to have favourites and friends, but this shouldn't affect our decisions as admins and mods. if someone is breaking the guidelines it's irrelevant they are friends or not. They are as 'liable' as any member we don't care about.

I've often been asked, if i play favorites because my girlfriend and i are admins on my site. and my answer to them is no. there was a post she made that was way too close to racism, and as such, i deleted the post, and gave her a warning. Sure she wasn't happy about it, but it was crystal clear that i wasn't making exceptions for anyone.

Can't make any exceptions when it comes to rule breaking, even if it was your wife you were warning. Make up sex would be alright, but that doesn't mean you can be soft when it comes to enforcing the rules.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds