Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff Only Area's

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about them? Are they something your forum actually needs or do your staff spend too much time in their chatting about irrelevant stuff?

Personally, I like having one because it is a place for staff to share ideas/suggestions and feedback about the forum and its members. You obviously don't want members knowing you're talking about them!

Advertisement Placeholder
if you have staff you need a staff room definitely. issues will come up like so and so is getting at oogimiflip how should this be handled, what do you think of the new member i think they are slightly suss etc - and also the new staff person will usually want to consult about how you handle certain situations etc.

done properly the staff board will not be massively active - just there to cover things that should not be discussed in public

Of course, a staff board should never have thousands and thousands of your forums post count because that is just, stupid. Lol. Would you advocate something like a "Staff General Chat" area on your staff board though Flame?

i think it would depend on the character of the board but generally unless staff are discussing something of a professional nature i would prefer it discussed on the main board - i mean my board is a general one with a general chat session and i dont see why staff cant use that as well

Of course, it would depend on the nature of the board itself. As yours is more general I would expect your staff to talk more in the public domain. What sites would you say are more pertinent to using such a 'general chat thread' for its staff?

For me, definitely promotional and admin websites, they have to deal with alot!

if the site is highly specialized and the boards intended for serious quality discussion only the staff might appreciate somewhere they can come along and say sorry i wasnt on yesterday my neighbours cat got run over or wont be here on tuesday next week can you make sure its covered

I would have a small area with one board for staff discussion if I ran a forum again. I liked the way that worked a lot more than some of the other staff areas on other forums. You want staff to be posting on the main board and it looks bad in the stats when you have hundreds of posts in the staff area and hardly any on the main boards- believe me this has happened!

If you have a co-owner or admin, I think it's best to talk to them via PM if you don't want other staff privy to the conversation...

Our staff forums are for important discussions on what's going on with the community. We don't spam the whoozooca out of it with irrelevant discussions, ;) (that's for the public chatbox). I'm not going to go in detail because what happens in the staff forums, stays in the staff forums unless otherwise stated, ;)

Our staff forums are for important discussions on what's going on with the community. We don't spam the whoozooca out of it with irrelevant discussions, ;) (that's for the public chatbox). I'm not going to go in detail because what happens in the staff forums, stays in the staff forums unless otherwise stated, ;)

The basic rule of the staff board!!! What sort of percentage of you posts would you say in are in your staff forum? :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds