Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Social Networks

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Do you think that a new social network could potentially overtake Facebook?

My personal opinion is yes. If Facebook increases the number of ads they show, it wouldn't be too hard. What you'd have to do is create a ripple. Get 10 or so friend groups to join- by bribing them- then they'd encourage their friends, who'd encourage theirs etc. Pretty soon you have a Tsunami.

Advertisement Placeholder
FaceBook is on a slow ride to dying off. They're become Myspace and have made a very big change that we (the users) don't like. They're forcing the new timeline on everyone, regardless if they want it. From what I've seen, this timeline is a major privacy violator.

If someone had the determination, yes, they probably could overthrow FaceBook.

Facebook just sucks. I never used myspace. I am much too weary of my account getting hacked or being stalked to really trust to use this. I heard also that the timeline was indeed a privacy violator. Thanks but no thanks

I can't be bothered with Facebook- but I think a service with less ads and more privacy will be valued and people may switch...

Does anyone use Facebook? I know it's THE giant social media, but Reddit, TikTok, and Youtube are so much more popular. I'm also on TElegram and Discord a lot now too

Tiktok once almost took over Facebook. But then Facebook also introduced short videos on Facebook as well as Instagram, so it was back in the business. TikTok is banned in a number of countries, so it will never take over Facebook. The only platform that could take over Facebook is Youtube if youtube introduces more social networking features.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 10)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds