Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Social Network

Advertisement Placeholder
Would you ever consider starting a social network? Why or Why Not? :)
I won't not start it. already facebook is there for all the people, even google's orkut is not doing good nowadays compared to facebook.
Now if you're in college or you are in a community you're a big part of, then thats whole another scenario. In that case starting one won't be such a bad idea. But for me, I don't think so!

I won't not start it. already facebook is there for all the people, even google's orkut is not doing good nowadays compared to facebook.
Now if you're in college or you are in a community you're a big part of, then thats whole another scenario. In that case starting one won't be such a bad idea. But for me, I don't think so!

Google Orkut? What about Google Plus? :p

I think that you need to meet a few key criteria if you want to start a social network:

1. You need to be able to program (at least competently). No matter whether you're wanting to use an already existing system or build your own, it's a crucial skill. If you can't program, you will need to hire someone who can. (I still think you should be at least able to understand what the programmer is doing).

2. You need capital. You need it for a domain, for a server and possibly for a script. You will also need cash to advertise- how much will depend on 3.

3. You need, as you say xpl0iter, to belong to clubs, college or another large group. You also have to have enough influence to get them to use your social network. Bribes will be useful here...

I have thought of a way that ANYONE could start a social network and get people to join but it still requires quite a bit of cash.

I love to start one but my advertising and approach is very bad that it will not succeed..(as i already tried in one niche)

I'm sure your advertising approach is fine! How do you advertise/ promote your general chat forum? Maybe we can give you some tips... :)

I tried put the links in forums, directories, spread the word in social networks..but haven't got much visitors now.

Have you tried using Postloop? This can boost your activity and encourage real members to join. It also advertises your site. Other ways to encourage activity are by offering fantastic resources...

I haven't though about starting a social network before, but I think it wouldn't be worth starting it. There already is Facebook that does pretty much everything. Though maybe a private social network for a community or a group of people would work.

a social networking site would be a total waste of time unless you have 100.000's to throw into advertising, facebook and twitter rule the roost and any new sits would be fighting for the scarps with digg, google plus and meet me

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds