Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Small milestones

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about people celebrating small milestones such as '100 posts' , '10 members' or something like that? Are they entitled to celebrate whatever they want or should they just stick to celebrating the more significant milestones?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the general rule of thumb is that you celebrate 500,1000,2000,3000 (sometimes 4000),5000,10000,15000 etc. Celebrating having 100 posts is nothing. I have seen people do it before, they may even keep updating their 100 post thread like "Congrats we now have 132 posts".... It can annoy members BUT a forum that did this still managed to get to 1000 posts within a week.

That is the general rule, yes. That would annoy me alot though if they did that lol! I'd probably leave the forum.

haze said:
That is the general rule, yes. That would annoy me alot though if they did that lol! I'd probably leave the forum.

Still amazing that they did so well. At the time I was pretty jealous. I had spent limited time on ForumHoopla so it was only getting around 20 posts per day. After that I did heaps of promotion, posted a lot and I managed to get it to 100 a day :)

Yes it was, but it was like the book "A series of unfortunate events". I had a series of unfortunate events that killed the forum :(

Well part of it was the fact I was on a kloxo VPS- we're not. Two, I didn't make regular backups. You do. We should be fine + I think only having half the responsibility here is fantastic. :D

Don't know if celebrating is really a good idea for such small milestones (I usually celebrate 1000 posts etc.), but it's good to actually have a plan and some goals. Say: have 1000 posts this month, have 10 registered users per week. It helps you focus better and achieve more.

I go big or go home. Each 10k posts is celebrated. Maybe 5000 if the forum is going a bit slow but usually I can ring up the posts pretty quickly with a select group of people and the other people that join. I don't really celebrate 1000's as I usually open a forum if we have at least 1000 posts of content before opening. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds