Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Sliders for websites - good or bad?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I get mixed responses from people regarding the usage of slidera. Some people say its good thing, some people ask me whats the point.

I kind of agree with the people who asked whats the point. I mean almost all the recent news are available in the home page. So your only option is to have some featured/sticky category and display posts from these. But again how many featured stories you will post in a month?
If the contents in the slider is not fresh, people are not going to like it. People always like fresh stories.

I have found some people who have enabled the slider in almost all the pages, well I must say thats plain stupid. When people are referred from the search engines and come to your website, you have got only limited time to grab their attention and make them read the post. So if you have a slider, that means the user might be seeing some unrelated posts on the slider and might go to some other websites as soon as that person reached there.

Anyway I have enabled this slider in one of my websites to see how it goes!

Advertisement Placeholder
If you have a ton of new content on a daily basis, then I'd think a slider is a good idea. If you don't have a lot of new content on a daily basis then a slider probably wouldn't be a good idea.

If you have a ton of new content on a daily basis, then I'd think a slider is a good idea. If you don't have a lot of new content on a daily basis then a slider probably wouldn't be a good idea.
I agree with this, if you are a highly updated site then sure, but if the sites gets below 10 new entries a day it isn't exactly worth it.

Makes the most important news pop out more to the end user? More user interactive? Brings out more colours to the site? Just a few things that can be a bonus of sliders.
Have to agree with these points, the user would be able to see the days top stories faster than seeing news that isn't as big

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds