Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Sites displaying more than 3 Google Adsense ads

brofist

Credits
Probably the most common method of monetizing a website is using Goolge's Adsense program. In order to be able to monetize your site using the program, they have certain standards that should be met. Also, they provide a lot of policies that you should follow or else you'll get sacked from the program.

One of the policies that web masters should follow is that you should only show 3 Google ads in a page at a time or else you would face the consequences. I've been following this policy of Google for a long time. However, I see a lot of sites that display more than 3 ads in one page or post! And some of these sites are quite popular too. Hmm, are there exceptions to the rule?

Advertisement Placeholder
Are all the ads Adsense ads or are they using different ad networks as well?
It does not matter if they are all from adsense or not. Google does not want you displaying more then 3 ads per page if you are displaying even one of their ads on the same page.

Probably the most common method of monetizing a website is using Goolge's Adsense program. In order to be able to monetize your site using the program, they have certain standards that should be met. Also, they provide a lot of policies that you should follow or else you'll get sacked from the program.

One of the policies that web masters should follow is that you should only show 3 Google ads in a page at a time or else you would face the consequences. I've been following this policy of Google for a long time. However, I see a lot of sites that display more than 3 ads in one page or post! And some of these sites are quite popular too. Hmm, are there exceptions to the rule?
I have see many people use more then 3 ads per page as well. It sorta drives me up the wall.

WebGuruBB (Although does not use Adsense as we have our own thing going on) We only display 2 ad banner spots maximum per page. (normally the header ad and the below first post or the header ad and the sidebar ad spot). I think 3 ads is more then enough to generate passive revenue for websites. For those who do put more then 3 on a page, I hope they get banned from adsense xD

For those who do put more then 3 on a page, I hope they get banned from adsense xD
The thing is, this is extremely common even in super popular sites. Makes me wonder if Google just lets them be because they generate an enormous amount of revenue from them.

Actually, according to Google Adsense, you are limited to three standard ad units, and three link units per page. Meaning, text/graphical ads are limited to 3 ads, and then you are limited to 3 additional ads that are designed to be just a block of links, like what you would see in a text menu for a website.

Generally speaking, when it comes to the standard ad units, Google states in their policies, that you cannot have additional ads from other networks on the same page, if you design the ads from those networks to look alike to the google standard ads.

Generally speaking, when it comes to the standard ad units, Google states in their policies, that you cannot have additional ads from other networks on the same page, if you design the ads from those networks to look alike to the google standard ads.
This has always confused me. We all know the trend these days where websites show tons of pictures on a page, and somewhere in between these images is an ad unit. Doesn't this violate their policies?

Depends on the use of the images. The main concern, is does it have other identifying features that would make it look like the google ads? Like text overlay on top of the image, and other such things that Google uses with the ads.

Never seen a site that shows more than 3 google adsense ads at a time. I think that's way too much. Surprised more people haven't complained about it.

I have seen more than 3 ads plenty of times too. Be careful, sometimes some of the ads are a different company than Google, but designed to look similar. But sometimes people outright cheat. Another rule is that you are not allowed to direct people to click the ad, yet I see people writing stuff like 'click here for resource' or 'extra information' next to their ads.

If I were you I'd stick to the rules. It might be that these sites are just taking chances. You'll never know, I mean Google is a large company and they're managing a lot of websites so it's apparent that they can't really monitor each and every site that's enrolled in Adsense so maybe it takes them time to notice these sites that are putting in more than 3 ads.

It's better to play safe. I'd rather just have 3 ads in my site than having none at all and besides, 3 is a good number. It's not too large of a number of ads as to be that much annoying and it's not too small to not be noticed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds