Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should sports stars be paid less or more?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I think most sports stars are overpaid, but I suppose even the coaches and staff can at times be overpaid. But should sports stars be paid less or more even? I think some stars are underpaid, but eventually most teams make it right by extending their contract for a ton more. What do you think?

I think sports stars should be paid based on their talent, but also not paid an outrageous sum of money. Maybe take it down a notch. I think there are some players deserving of more, but when does it become too much? I think a player shouldn't be making hundreds of millions of dollars a year. It's crazy they get paid so much sometimes.

Advertisement Placeholder
If they are generating more more in the sports and clubs where they play, they should be paid well. There's so much money in football now which is seen in how much players are sold now. Any player who's good gets valuated at $100 million upwards.

I believe that sports superstars should be paid more because they are making the money for the companies that are behind whatever sport they are playing for. Take for instance, those that are playing football, they are making millions of dollars for their different respective clubs. So, they should be paid something that is very good when compared to how much they are making for their clubs.

The kind of money paid to sportsmen and athletes are just outrageous. Imagine a player getting paid more than $700,000 weekly. Who pays such kind of money..

The kind of money paid to sportsmen and athletes are just outrageous. Imagine a player getting paid more than $700,000 weekly. Who pays such kind of money..

Seriously, it's insane what football players are paid in the sports today. Take a look at Cristiano Ronaldo who plays for Al Nassr now. According to multiple reports, Ronaldo is being paid around $213 million (£173m) a year by the club. This makes him the highest paid sports person in the world. His weekly pay is at $4.43m.

Seriously, it's insane what football players are paid in the sports today. Take a look at Cristiano Ronaldo who plays for Al Nassr now. According to multiple reports, Ronaldo is being paid around $213 million (£173m) a year by the club. This makes him the highest paid sports person in the world. His weekly pay is at $4.43m.
It has been recently something of concern for UEFA and FIFA, The Saudi Arabian league is dishing money to get the best footballers from Europe and they are prepared to pay huge sum of money to entice to come and play.

It has been recently something of concern for UEFA and FIFA, The Saudi Arabian league is dishing money to get the best footballers from Europe and they are prepared to pay huge sum of money to entice to come and play.

They really have the money to throw at players and it's always irresistible. Who would see that amount of money and not want to go play there? It's like Neymar whom with Al-Hilal have reached an agreement on a two-year deal worth €160 million. If Neymar gets less than €3 per week, he's not getting paid well.

They really have the money to throw at players and it's always irresistible. Who would see that amount of money and not want to go play there? It's like Neymar whom with Al-Hilal have reached an agreement on a two-year deal worth €160 million. If Neymar gets less than €3 per week, he's not getting paid well.
Most of the players are running to Saudi Arabian pro league because of the money. They have played all they could in Europe and now is the time to retire and they go to Saudi Arabia to retire..

Most of the players are running to Saudi Arabian pro league because of the money. They have played all they could in Europe and now is the time to retire and they go to Saudi Arabia to retire..

Yeah, it seems like the reality of course that's going on now. Personally, I would do the same thing especially when I'm getting to the end of my playing career.

Some players make such move early. Do you remember Oscar of Brazil who played for Chelsea FC? He left for Shanghai Port F.C. because of the huge and he was so young when he left EPL.

I think that many of them are paid the money who really generate, both with titles, merchandising and sponsors throughout the season, if not, I think it would be an inefficient business and with losses generally for clubs and sports institutions, that is to say for example Erling Haaland charges 52 million a year in Manchester City, and I honestly think that football player generates much more than that for the club in a year.

So we could make many more comparisons, such as with boxers NBA players, tennis players and more, I think their salary in most cases is justified.

Yes, I agree with you, there are some players that are over paid. Some time the officials in charge of buying and selling of players too make some mistake or players do not play up to people expectation

I think that many of them are paid the money who really generate, both with titles, merchandising and sponsors throughout the season, if not, I think it would be an inefficient business and with losses generally for clubs and sports institutions, that is to say for example Erling Haaland charges 52 million a year in Manchester City, and I honestly think that football player generates much more than that for the club in a year.

So we could make many more comparisons, such as with boxers NBA players, tennis players and more, I think their salary in most cases is justified.
A lot of these football clubs breach FFP Rules (Financial Fair Play Rules). They spend more than they generate from the club business. Manchester City have done it so many times, Chelsea have been found guilty, Manchester United too, PSG, Barcelona and so many more of them.

If they are generating more more in the sports and clubs where they play, they should be paid well. There's so much money in football now which is seen in how much players are sold now. Any player who's good gets valuated at $100 million upwards.
I agree with you there. If these organizations are making billions, it's only fair the players get a matching or more of a cut if anything.
I think athletes, along with celebrities, should not be paid quite so much.
There are other athletes & talented artists out there that have a great talent but just were not "found" by a Scout. That is the only difference in my opinion.
I agree. I think though it depends on the star power of that celeb or player. Some actors, writers and others in hollywood don't make as much as we once thought. But there are stars out there making millions on one episode of a show or on one single movie. All the while you have so many people making said product work.

I agree with you there. If these organizations are making billions, it's only fair the players get a matching or more of a cut if anything.
Looking at how player's agent take their clients contract negotiation, they make sure the players whom they are representing get the value of money in what they are worth. It's why we see player transfer saga goes on for months as a result of the money they are trying to agree on.

They are paid based on sponsorship and ad revenue. I never liked that MLB players made more than most doctors. This is another reason why women complain in sports. Men will always make more because more people watch male sports rather than female sports. The only sport I preferred to watch women play is tennis.

They are paid based on sponsorship and ad revenue. I never liked that MLB players made more than most doctors. This is another reason why women complain in sports. Men will always make more because more people watch male sports rather than female sports. The only sport I preferred to watch women play is tennis.
The male sports are watched more all over the world and it's why more money is generated from it. This makes it possible for male athletes in sports to be paid more. You won't asked to be paid the same thing when the sports you play in doesn't generate the same income.

I would every soccer player or sports man deserve the wage they are paid. Some time I look at the risk involved in the game. It is not a life time job. So would to a certain age and retire from the sports and some injury could stop them..

I believe they should be paid according to the value they bring to their franchise. Kevin de Bruyne gets paid £400,000 per week. That looks like way too much money, right? But the Belgian is the face of the Manchester City brand - a multi billion pounds brand. He has been a mainstay in the team and their best player in the most successful era of the club.

One thing is clear: sports teams work with the best of financiers, accountants and negotiators. These players are paid their worth based on the value they bring after several assessments and negotiations. At Manchester United, Paul Pogba wasn't the best player, but he gets paid a lot because he's hugely popular and his name sells a lot of merchandise.

A sports club can't be making billions of profits every year while paying the main actors peanuts. That's not possible.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds