Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Should every website have an app?

Tiffany

Recognized member
Credits
This is a question I have been thinking about a lot: should websites also have apps? I personally think they should just for offline functionality. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes! For customer or audience loyalty! Not to mention, apps are freakin' awesome! Plus, you can customize it and make it even more awesome.

For the users that have apps, how did you get them built? How drastically did it change the usage on your site?

Hmm they only work if there is a purpose for creating one, for example a large potential market for your product or content. Some sites that have apps just make them for the sake of having one.

Hmm they only work if there is a purpose for creating one, for example a large potential market for your product or content. Some sites that have apps just make them for the sake of having one.

Gotta agree with you on that. It needs to serve a purpose. Seems weird to have an app just for the sake of having one.

It definitely would not hurt to have one. I think that it would raise more exposure for your site. It gives people one more option as a way to access your site.

Yes, I think that it's a very smart idea. I mean you can't always have the website running, something might happen and it will shut down. But, if you have an app then the people who use the website will be able to go to the app when they need to.

People are using their portable gadgets more than their computers. I think it is a definite benefit to have an app. Plus, it makes you look current and in the now, people love that.

I don't think so.. it depends on the type of website.:blush:
Some website just aren't suitable for an app, because the app would become a sort of browser :/

I mean I personally think that it would be a smart idea. There are some people who don't have laptops and have a phone or iPad. So, an app might be easier for them to use.

I don't think so.. it depends on the type of website.:blush:
Some website just aren't suitable for an app, because the app would become a sort of browser :/

In which case, it would just be a waste of time, energy and money. I know that some restaurants have apps, but I'm thinking that if you're not a huge chain, no one is going to download the app unless the app has some innovative feature.

No because if every site had an application, I would be obliged to purchase the iPhone with 128GB. LOL.

As many people said, I believe that an application is sometimes useless, especially if there are no extra features. People will never download an application which has nothing innovative. Also, developing, promoting and maintaining an application (or 3 applications: iOS, Android and Windows) cost lot of money!

It's better of Having a responsive web design in other to gain Ranking on google search results, than having a IOS/Android App.
Any way not having a responsive web design in this year will cause a manual google penalty.

Even if my sites became popular I don't think I would unless it focused around something where people needed alerts. Social media sites need apps for sure though.

Yes, I think some websites should have an app on the App Store and Android store. I don't think it's a good idea for forums which have just started out to have an app since the application would get used much. I think it's a good idea to implement an app to the online community when your forum is starting to grow.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds