Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should CEOs and others be paid less?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
CEOs these days are making millions or sometimes billions off of other peoples work. I am reminded of the recent writer/actors strike in Hollywood against streamers. And the way CEOs are paid is outrageous. Most of them make well over $100M a year, some more. Why do CEOs deserve to be paid this much, when actors can't even get royalties for the work? Yet these CEOs always seem to get raises and make even more. I feel CEOs and others at the top who make hundreds of millions should get less in pay. No CEO should be making $100M a year. I would be more accepting to like $20M max a year. That seems more reasonable to me. How much do you think CEOs should make compared to their employees? Also another thing I want to bring up, is when the smaller employees at these companies struggle, why is it that these CEOs can't give a cut of what they make towards their employees welfare? If these people are working their asses off to make you money, shouldn't they be paid better?

Advertisement Placeholder
They make the rules, and considering that human wants are insatiable, they will definitely pay themselves the more. Is there anything that you are going to do about it? Absolutely nothing because they make the decisions themselves without getting others involved.

The movie industry have been in this mess for decades. The CEO’s and other top guys are the one's making the real money from the industry. I'm happy with the recent writer/actors strike in Hollywood against streamers because it's a way to correct this error which have gone unchecked for years. Everyone deserves a better pay, not a selected few because of their privilege.

It's fine if the CEO is making Billions. It's not fine if the employees don't get a raise accordingly. If the company is making profits, CEO is earning more, the employees shall earn more as well.

The business world is not always fair, but I agree that this should be the basics. The workers should earn more when the business is moving fine and everyone is happy about what is happening in the company. That is how things should be.

It's fine if the CEO is making Billions. It's not fine if the employees don't get a raise accordingly. If the company is making profits, CEO is earning more, the employees shall earn more as well.

Those who are working for the company to be making billions are actually the foot soldiers just like I love to call them. I believe that they should be appreciated and not discarded easily because they are the ones that are putting the main effort in order for the company to be successful. So, the CEO’s shouldn't be the one taking all the glory while the foot workers are just neglected with small pay.

The business world is not always fair, but I agree that this should be the basics. The workers should earn more when the business is moving fine and everyone is happy about what is happening in the company. That is how things should be.
Those who are working for the company to be making billions are actually the foot soldiers just like I love to call them. I believe that they should be appreciated and not discarded easily because they are the ones that are putting the main effort in order for the company to be successful. So, the CEO’s shouldn't be the one taking all the glory while the foot workers are just neglected with small pay.
I think no matter how much profit they make, they don't want to increase their expenses by giving more salary to their employees.

I think no matter how much profit they make, they don't want to increase their expenses by giving more salary to their employees.

This is what greed is all about and that's why they have industrial strike action to deal with right now. It's something that I'm totally in support of because no one deserves to be treated like a fool especially when you're making money from what they are doing.

If the workers are happy, everyone will be happy because they are the engine which pushes the company. If they are not delivering always, the CEO’s would not see where to be taking the billions of dollars they feel entitled to.

Greed is a very big problem that's causing us a lot in this life. Over 90% of the world's problems and conflicts are caused by greed. This is exactly what's going on in the movie's industry. Those who are in the top want almost everything for themselves with those under them to toil.

This is what greed is all about and that's why they have industrial strike action to deal with right now. It's something that I'm totally in support of because no one deserves to be treated like a fool especially when you're making money from what they are doing.

There are an industrial action going on in my State now which is in the health sector. There is a disagreement between the doctors and nurses with the government which the government have overlooked for months. They've finally went to strike.

If the workers are happy, everyone will be happy because they are the engine which pushes the company. If they are not delivering always, the CEO’s would not see where to be taking the billions of dollars they feel entitled to.

Everyone is going to feel happy whenever they are getting paid right for the job they are doing. I don't think there is anyone out there who is going to be appreciative of any company or industry they are working for when they are not being paid the right amount they are supposed to receive for their job.

It is key to understand that the aim of running any business is to make a profit. If you own a business, you will want to keep making more profit instead of paying staff what you feel they don't need. So, that is something that should be put into consideration, too.

It is key to understand that the aim of running any business is to make a profit. If you own a business, you will want to keep making more profit instead of paying staff what you feel they don't need. So, that is something that should be put into consideration, too.
If workers are not paid what they are meant to be paid, it will affect their willingness to work committedly. If as a workers, I'm feeling unjustly used without being paid well, I'll lose interest in the job.

In my opinion, it is definitely not, because if they are the CEO, then they have earned this position and have worked for it for many years, so in my opinion it is deserved to earn a lot for them.

I do not think CEO should be paid less but the gap between how much a CEO receives and how much the junior level staff receives should be reduced.

A $20M cap sounds like a fair compromise, especially compared to the $100M+ figures we're seeing. As for sharing the wealth, it would be great if CEOs could allocate more towards their employees' well-being, especially when the company's doing well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds