Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should all sports games just do updates instead of new releases?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I know there are a lot of people from the UK and other countries here, and I know that you guys have the likes of FIFA. We do too in the states, but out more popular franchise is Madden NFL. At least in the states. Now FIFA is known as EA Sports FC 24 and to my knowledge, it is not going to come out with yearly releases like they did with the FIFA franchise. I heard this is going to be a game that continues to get updates and maybe DLC you can buy yearly instead of buying the same game over and over.

Which made me think, why not do this to games like Madden and NBA 2K? Imagine if we stopped seeing these shoddy sports games come out with minimal to no changed each year. At least this way you can expect changes to happen in real time instead of waiting a whole year for something new. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think they need to just release one game per console as there is no reason to attempt updating graphics beyond what the console can handle. Then they do updates and can release special DLC and things of that nature to keep money coming in.

I understand your point, and honestly, given how little these games change from year to year, it would be better to approach them the way you say, adding updates or expansions to the content already available, but this would make the franchise lose a lot of money and I don't think that they do it, since they sell a lot and earning €60 or $ for each game they release annually is quite a deal.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds