Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Should a moderator manage several forums?

Advertisement Placeholder
I make all moderators global moderators. I was considering bringing back section moderation on my current forum, but still debating with myself.

As far as should people mod on several forums? I think it depends. I have moderated on a few before and did fine.

Last edited:
It really depends on the amount of time someone has to give to their role as a moderator. Some people have plenty of time to be able to moderate several forums and complete their job well and if they feel they can do that, why not. I personally limit how many forums I can mod as I know after a while I would get overwhelmed. It's about looking at the jobs you have and seeing whether adding more would be reasonable or would leave you feeling burned out.

If they can manage their time well, then yes I don't see why someone couldn't. I have moderated multiple communities at once, some bigger than others, so you just need to prioritise. You'll become familiar with patterns of when users log in and post too as well as other staff availability.

If they are very good at multitasking, it's something they can be able to pull off. Although, I should say that taking up too much staff job at the same time would leave you exhausted and burnt out as quickly as possible.

If they can manage their time well, then yes I don't see why someone couldn't. I have moderated multiple communities at once, some bigger than others, so you just need to prioritise. You'll become familiar with patterns of when users log in and post too as well as other staff availability.
I do this prioritising very well when scheduling my days work. I make sure to follow my schedule to the latter and by doing so, there's no way I wouldn't be able to cover up all the work I need to do on all communities I work on as a staff.

I have seen some members who are moderators in other forums as well, does this have a good effect as they lose interest by dealing with others forums?

just as a point of view I present..
Their level of commitment to those forums would go a long way in determining how much they will contribute to the forums every day unless something too pressing to take them away from the forums comes up.

If they are very good at multitasking, it's something they can be able to pull off. Although, I should say that taking up too much staff job at the same time would leave you exhausted and burnt out as quickly as possible.
Yeah, when you go all in hard too much with a lot of work to do, they will wear your eyes out too quickly. If you don't schedule how to cover the works in order to ease your eyes, it will get to you sooner than later.

I think people can manage being staff at multiple forums if they have the amount of time to do so. Me for example, I just can not handle more than one because I have had a full time job where I work the 40 hours a week, but then work additional hours at home. If I just had a 9-5 job, and I come home I probably could easily get 2 hours of forum time and split my time between 2-3 forums during that time.

As I get older though I realize the more I split myself the less quality or happy I'm going to be with things. So for me personally I can probably only do 1 - even if I did have the time. I am more productive and I'm not splitting myself multiple ways.

It depends on if the person can manage to be a moderator on a few different forums. If they are able to contribute to all the forums they're staff on, then it's fine. If there is a dip in activity coming from the staff member, a simple private message asking them if they are busy and would like to take a step back from being a moderator for a while is fine.

I think section moderation is only really needed on the big forums with hundreds of active members. All the forums I've run have been small hobby forums - and on those, section moderators just aren't needed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds