Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling off really old stock at a store

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Lets say you own a big store, or you're a massive company. Have you ever considered selling off old stock? As in stock that may have been left over in your warehouse for years. I bring this up because I heard years ago that at Nintendo for example, they have a warehouse of games, consoles and other such things that are no longer being sold in stores. I heard they had N64 games in box, sealed. Same with some NES, SNES, and other games. Which makes you wonder if there are any other stores or warehouses that have old stock like this. If you found old stock, would you have it checked for its worth and try to sell it?

Advertisement Placeholder
If I happen to have an old stock that have stayed in my warehouse for a very long time, I would try as much as possible to find out its current worth in the market and have it sold because keeping it packed up in the warehouse is not going to bring me any value rather it might end up depreciating in a way that I can't be able to sell it again.

If I happen to have an old stock that have stayed in my warehouse for a very long time, I would try as much as possible to find out its current worth in the market and have it sold because keeping it packed up in the warehouse is not going to bring me any value rather it might end up depreciating in a way that I can't be able to sell it again.

Many people may not realise this, but I think that old stock is still quite valuable until or unless the stock gets expired. This is the case with edible products such as snacks and food products. I think that certain products may not get expired and people may sell them, but I think that this depends on the demand.

When I was a manager in a store, I frequently sold old stocks. When the business started, the owner did not know what stocks would sell and what wouldn't, therefore, he stockpiled all sorts of products. However, some products did not sell. Later, when I joined the company, I started giving discounts in order to sell old stocks.

Lets say you own a big store, or you're a massive company. Have you ever considered selling off old stock? As in stock that may have been left over in your warehouse for years. I bring this up because I heard years ago that at Nintendo for example, they have a warehouse of games, consoles and other such things that are no longer being sold in stores. I heard they had N64 games in box, sealed. Same with some NES, SNES, and other games. Which makes you wonder if there are any other stores or warehouses that have old stock like this. If you found old stock, would you have it checked for its worth and try to sell it?

I have a boss that doesn't bother selling those old stocks. In fact, he is happy when he opens the shop and sees that most of those items are still there. I guess that it gives him a level of happiness, which I can't explain. If I have those items in my farm or warehouse, I don't even waste time in selling them off as fast as I could. There is no point keeping them here.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds