Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Selling Databases, is it right to do so?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Selling databases is a big thing in the forum world, you will regularly see people selling their forum databases to people with wads of cash looking to inflate their own forum with posts and whatnot. Personally though, I dislike this practise a lot. I don't feel it is right for a forum I signed up on to be effectively selling my information to another party.

I cannot tell you the amount of emails I have from forums that I have never actually 'signed up' to just because the owner thought to sell the database. I thinks it wrong anyway, how about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Same here. I don't like the idea of it. Its like cheating all the active members over the forum which is being sold. It also raises the question, what is the buyer indent to do with the database? The seller might never know. Spamming, Phishing emails, and a lot more can happen.

That's outright down and dirty, I can see selling a forum and merging forums. But to sell a database and still keep the original forum up is complete bull crap.

Greg

It is pretty dirty and it's really only used to get that little bit of extra profit out of a venture. Say you're selling a free hosting site with a forum. You could then sell the forum database and make quite a bit more money. I'd hate it if I were a member though. :nolike:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds