Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Security

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
With the 000webhost hack, it seems like a lot of websites have been exploited for security vulnerabilities. Has your website had any security issues lately? If you haven't had any issues, how have you avoided them?

Advertisement Placeholder
We actually had a bit of a problem on a few sites caused by my old info being accessible due to the 000webhost hack. Other than that we have been fine so far *touch wood*

We haven't had any security issues. In fact, there hasn't been any known security breaches with any ProBoard forum the entire time I've used them (since 2001).

By 'a lot of websites', I would assume you're referring to those hosted by 000webhost? If the answer is yes, then, mind the term, but the majority of those websites got raped.

Now then, as far I'm aware, 000webhost were using an older PHP version, that used a few deprecated and less secure features, which allowed hackers to utilize an exploit that was present in said older PHP version, which then allowed them access to 000webhost's PHP configuration and after a few tweaking, they allowed themselves access to all sorts of private areas and commands that required administrative credentials, and the rest you know.

As for avoiding security issues, I can go on and on about all sorts of pre-cautions you can take to protect yourself, but in all honesty, it's all about keeping your setup pretty much air-tight and up to date, you should never keep any unwanted modules that would be useless to you, always keep up with the latest security updates (automatic upgrade checks may not always do the job, so make sure to do some manual checking yourself, and if required, manual installation of those updates, of course after checking if they were issued by a trusted source).

Please take note that you should always keep your software up to date, regardless of how much a pain in the ass it may be to update it or how much time it could take to do so.

When I was using 000webhost I did not have a problem. I use VillagerHost now and it works fine! No problems so far. :D

I remember when 00webhost got hacked. I owned a website on 00webhost and my account, along with website got hacked. I managed to recover my account okay, but that security issue was a few years ago. Haven't any security problems for a while now.

000webhost is just trash in my opinion :/

Do you really expect any hardware for free?

A free software license key? Sure but you cannot expect anything that sit directly onto of physical form or the physical form itself.

For example your much more likely being able to convince a new game title publisher to splits out a key for you. For the chance to get recognized.

But try getting something physical say a new CPU, Graphic card, storage medium, head set, and/or etc. Sorry but unless you are a 99% proved to make them big bucks then your request will never the light of day again.

Case in point? You really cannot expect website hosting for free since it's require a direct physical infrastructure in order to run your website.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds