Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Running multiple forums

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Do you run more than one forum at a time? If so, why do you ? How do you manage your free time between them, do you have a favourite site of your own?

Personally, I would only want to run one forum just because I could then put the most effort into it.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would never run more than one forum at a time, it's way too much effort. I suppose if you have got a larger forum that is basically running itself and expanding at a good rate then you could consider opening a new forum.... Shawn of AAF runs a few forums (well more than a few) at the same time, but his general forum hasn't got the attention that it needs.

Kind of why I posted this topic, was hoping Shawn will see it and shed some insight on how he does it, haha.
But i'll agree with you there, it is alot of effort. It's bad enough being a staff member on several sites!

I attempted this. and it wasn't working too good. I think if you are going to commit, it should be to one forum at the most. Unless you have reliable co administrators and such. But even at that its still a gamble

I attempted this. and it wasn't working too good. I think if you are going to commit, it should be to one forum at the most. Unless you have reliable co administrators and such. But even at that its still a gamble

Well, I am committed until death do us part to this forum and I'm sure Xpl0iter and Sam will tell you that I try my best to do as much as I can for this forum but I am also staff on three other forums currently and whilst that is a pain in the backside I am finding it easier to manage my time as time goes on. Of course, 70% of my energy is focused here and the other 30% is split between the other places but this place will always be my main home because I just love it.

Xpl0iter and Sam are very reliable staff members though and I would certainly trust this forum in their hands. :)

Well, I am committed until death do us part to this forum and I'm sure Xpl0iter and Sam will tell you that I try my best to do as much as I can for this forum but I am also staff on three other forums currently and whilst that is a pain in the backside I am finding it easier to manage my time as time goes on. Of course, 70% of my energy is focused here and the other 30% is split between the other places but this place will always be my main home because I just love it.

Xpl0iter and Sam are very reliable staff members though and I would certainly trust this forum in their hands. :)

I always see you working your ass off on other forums, most notably on PB, you manage your time brilliantly from what I've seen.
You probably have about 4 computers running.. You be crazy or something.
:ilike:

I always see you working your ass off on other forums, most notably on PB, you manage your time brilliantly from what I've seen.
You probably have about 4 computers running.. You be crazy or something.
:ilike:

I don't work my ass off at PB at all currently, haha. There are reviews waiting to be done! :p I've just finished a very tiring and long college year though so I have been slacking everywhere recently but I'm hoping after my weeks holiday I'll be back to normal Haze mode. :p

Only the one computer though buddy :p I wish I had four just for the sake of it though. xD

I don't work my ass off at PB at all currently, haha. There are reviews waiting to be done! :p I've just finished a very tiring and long college year though so I have been slacking everywhere recently but I'm hoping after my weeks holiday I'll be back to normal Haze mode. :p

Only the one computer though buddy :p I wish I had four just for the sake of it though. xD

Really?
I always see you doing the reviews, I can't say much on the subject; I only ever go on to lurk.
I've just finished my school year, so that's why I'm starting to revisit some old forums and some new ones, I've got so much spare time..

Really?
I always see you doing the reviews, I can't say much on the subject; I only ever go on to lurk.
I've just finished my school year, so that's why I'm starting to revisit some old forums and some new ones, I've got so much spare time..

Sure is, one or two I think. I just don't have the patience or time to sit down for three hours to do one thing if you know what I mean. I haven't actually seen you over there though so you must be a pro lurker ;)

I can emphasize with that though lol, so much spare time and so much you can do. :p

Sure is, one or two I think. I just don't have the patience or time to sit down for three hours to do one thing if you know what I mean. I haven't actually seen you over there though so you must be a pro lurker ;)

I can emphasize with that though lol, so much spare time and so much you can do. :p

I've got about 135 posts, I use to be on the posting team a long time back; I couldn't find the time for it though.. The last straw was when I had to make 50 posts and 20 topics on a comic book forum, I never worked so hard in my life to meet the deadline lol

I've got about 135 posts, I use to be on the posting team a long time back; I couldn't find the time for it though.. The last straw was when I had to make 50 posts and 20 topics on a comic book forum, I never worked so hard in my life to meet the deadline lol

Definitely the main thing I hate about being a packager when you get sites you know nothing about, haha. On the bright side, at least you did it? :D

Definitely the main thing I hate about being a packager when you get sites you know nothing about, haha. On the bright side, at least you did it? :D

Yeah, it was one of the best packages I did; plus I knew a a few people there who where active on NGG.
I managed to create some pretty active threads that are still going, so was a good experience. I have a feeling our conversation belongs in a different thread, but oh well :D

Yeah, it was one of the best packages I did; plus I knew a a few people there who where active on NGG.
I managed to create some pretty active threads that are still going, so was a good experience. I have a feeling our conversation belongs in a different thread, but oh well :D

Nothing wrong with a good conversation matey, we love that over here at WGBB. :p I always hate seeing staff teams breaking up a good conversation haha so I don't encourage it here.

Of course, we could always move it to the Gen Chat thread if you really want though xD

Nothing wrong with a good conversation matey, we love that over here at WGBB. :p I always hate seeing staff teams breaking up a good conversation haha so I don't encourage it here.

Of course, we could always move it to the Gen Chat thread if you really want though xD

NO, I was just getting worried I'd get told of :D

You won't get told off by me anyway! Haha. Figures as I sort of started this off-topic conversation but hey ho. :p

You won't get told off by me anyway! Haha. Figures as I sort of started this off-topic conversation but hey ho. :p

lol, I'm heading out to buy ZombieLand; looks epic.. Be back soon enough.

Ok, I'm back; ZombieLand was out of stock so I got Green Steert 2 and Last King of Scotland.

Haze I'll more than likely be on here a lot :D

Running multiple forums is a ridiculous idea, not trying to come off sounding rude but from personal experience it never works out. Maybe some people are just better at multitasking than me I dunno, if they can pull it off and still have time to spare good for them. If you are just a casual forum admin then it's a no-go, you gotta be a pro. :p

Ok, I'm back; ZombieLand was out of stock so I got Green Steert 2 and Last King of Scotland.

Haze I'll more than likely be on here a lot :D

Yeah I can say I actually like this place. Other places I just head out to fill a few graphic requests get a few paying clients here and there, but I really need to improve on that. Need to learn how to market myself and get a decent portfolio set up. The work I've done recently other than for WebGuru has kinda blown haha. Just designing logos is fun idk (and yes I'm about to design your's Gytix :p). But yeah, I need to find a more experienced designers to show me the ropes I guess. I got it all down pretty much, just some grey area that bugs me.

Running multiple forums is a ridiculous idea, not trying to come off sounding rude but from personal experience it never works out. Maybe some people are just better at multitasking than me I dunno, if they can pull it off and still have time to spare good for them. If you are just a casual forum admin then it's a no-go, you gotta be a pro. :p

Yeah I can say I actually like this place. Other places I just head out to fill a few graphic requests get a few paying clients here and there, but I really need to improve on that. Need to learn how to market myself and get a decent portfolio set up. The work I've done recently other than for WebGuru has kinda blown haha. Just designing logos is fun idk (and yes I'm about to design your's Gytix :p). But yeah, I need to find a more experienced designers to show me the ropes I guess. I got it all down pretty much, just some grey area that bugs me.

Maybe an online resume/portfolio would get you some more "paying" clients, and less freeloaders like me <3

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds