Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Requesting the use of 2FA every month?

Credits
There was a gaming forum I joined few months ago which found out something different I haven't seen in any forum before. I usually get forced out of my account every 31 days as I'm required to input a Two Factor Authentication Code and trust my device for another 31 days. If I set the security for this off, I won't be able to use the forum.

Anyone experienced this on another forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have not had 2FA on a message board, but I'm sure some are offering such options. 2FA is just an extra measure when signing into your accounts. I use it on most of my accounts, because you can never be too safe. These days hackers crack emails and accounts with ease, 2FA adds an extra layer of protection.

Some sites will auto-sign you out to re-sign in later. I think it's another safety measure if you keep your browser page up for a long time.

I have not enabled 2FA in my communities, and of all communities and online earning websites I have joined none of them asks for 2FA, except one. I was pissed off by this site because every time I logged in from different devices, browsers, and IPs, it asked me to verify with 2FA. I never understood why the admin had enabled 2FA when it was just a small discussion community with no payment system enabled.

I have not enabled 2FA in my communities, and of all communities and online earning websites I have joined none of them asks for 2FA, except one. I was pissed off by this site because every time I logged in from different devices, browsers, and IPs, it asked me to verify with 2FA. I never understood why the admin had enabled 2FA when it was just a small discussion community with no payment system enabled.

Seriously, it can be very annoying because you are going to be forced to always be going to your email to get the code to approve your login which most people will not have the time to do and they will probably end up abandoning the forum.

I only don't worry too much about the community because it is only something that happens once in a month.

While it may be an inconvenience to go through the 2FA process every 31 days, it is a security practice intended to safeguard your account and personal information. It's generally recommended to enable and use 2FA whenever it is available, especially for platforms that involve sensitive data or activities.

While it may be an inconvenience to go through the 2FA process every 31 days, it is a security practice intended to safeguard your account and personal information. It's generally recommended to enable and use 2FA whenever it is available, especially for platforms that involve sensitive data or activities.

You have a very good point and I really understand the reason why it's set up that way in that particular forum where I experienced it. There's a monetary value that comes to one's account, so I believe they do that to make sure you're the only one who have access to your account.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds