Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Regarding your Community Team

Sharon

Recognized member
Credits
We are in the process of splitting up responsibilities and are hiring for new team members and certain questions have popped up in my head. I was wondering what your thoughts are...

Do you have a community team on your forum? What do you expect of them? Do you find that everyone shares the work load...or do certain individuals do more in certain areas? What is the ideal number of CTMs total in a staff team of an active forum community?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, for HogEx, there are several global moderator teams which would essentially be a "community team." While one team looks over 200 + forums, Caretakers are focused on The Castle areas and sub-areas, Groundskeepers look after the Grounds, and the RP Team moderates all aspects of RP. All four of which would be considered "Community Team." That said, their group members share the workload for the areas they are assigned. For the Global moderators, they share the workload.

I cannot really give you a ballpark figure for what would be enough CTMs. It all depends on how active the forum is and how much work it will take to ensure that things run smoothly.

Our forum don't have a community team. So i expect nothing from them :yum: . But yes it depends on how much work it will take from community team to make the things run smoothly. According to this you can calculate that how many CTMs require in a staff team.

I've always had it to where each CTM shared the work load with the rest of the team. I found that splitting responsibilities up to much divides the team more than I was comfortable with. I always expect my mods or CT staff to be happy and outgoing with members, to fool around and chit chat randomly with other members. Though it's hard to find someone that can manage that and have quality moderation work. :yum:

And the amount is up to you honestly, you just have to make sure you don't overstaff the team. 4 was always the max of mods even when I managed a 240 active member forum.

Last edited:
I have a global moderator group on my forum. It would probably be the same thing or something similar to a community team. Right now, I just have one global moderator but I will consider hiring more as the forum grows. Right now, their main responsibility is to make sure that spammers and rule breakers aren't harming the ambiance of the forum. I help that person do that when I am not doing any of the "behind-the-scenes" stuff of the forum.

We did not have a community team on my forum; instead it's called something different. It's known as Global Moderators. It[s the default name for php Server Groups. I do have exceptions and I expect that they enforce the rules and help and support users on my community. Also, we had a group manager to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds