Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

ps5 pro

Credits
Are you going to get a ps5 pro console?

I would be getting one if it had a disc drive, without a disc drive games will have to be downloaded from the playstation store. Have you seen the prices of good new games on the playstation store?

Thoughts please.

Advertisement Placeholder
FB_IMG_1726156908297.jpg

Okay, let me get this out of the way: I understand the price is offputting. It puts PS3's announcement and pricing to shame. But, you guys need to understand the market - if you are a PC gamer, you know what I'm about to say; PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming.

The graphics cards today? $500 to $1000. Fess up.
The CPU? $200 to $500. Fess up.
The RAM? $100 or better. Fess up.
The Hard Drive? $100 or better. Fess up.
And so on. You're looking at best $700 to $1000 depending on the horsepower.

People are griping over no stand. I'm like "are you fucking serious?" I bought the PS5 Slim. I didn't buy the stand. Another thing people are griping about is the drive. Now, this I understand. Like, why buy a console if there's no drive? But at the same time, Sony is setting the precedent with the PlayStation 5 family. Detachable drives are the future. They did the same thing with the Hard Drive/SSD bay. Sony set the precedent with PS2 by adding the hard drive. Nobody understood this. It didn't make sense at the time, by Xbox 360/PS3 launch, people understood now.

With the PS5 Slim, Sony brought an innovation to the industry with the introduction of detachable drive. Sony also introduced two models - nobody understood this, either. If you bought the digital edition, you could opt to buy the detachable drive later. So, buy it at $400, then buy the drive at $80 later. But people like me, the old school types - we'll pay for the full console experience.

Now, the biggest issue for most people is "No games." I'm like "What...?" There are TONS of PS5 games out there. Now, games you're interested in? Okay, point taken, but don't discredit the PS5 by saying there is "no games." That's horseshit. In fact, PS5's greatest game is a PS4 game and a PS5 sequel. Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

"There's no backwards compatibility." Okay, now you're just trolling. PlayStation 5 runs PlayStation 4 games as if it is the same device. The backwards compatibility program in PS5 is almost innovative. It's using ideas Microsoft presented with Xbox One's backwards compatibility program. Oh yeah. So, I mentioned Final Fantasy VII Remake. You can buy the PS4 version, and be able to "upgrade" to PS5. And it's free. I wrote a review of the game (and did a video on it, too). Xbox One's backwards compatibility program allowed you to use your disc to play the game, but you'd need to download the "patch" to run it - so when you buy it on the Marketplace, you're granted a license of sorts. So, just pop in your disc, the Xbox One "reads" the disc, and you're off to your races. PS5 takes this idea, and flips it on its head. So, the PS4 version comes with two discs - one holds the data, the other is the actual game itself, and is where you will "read" the files. When you "upgrade" to PS5 - you are supposed to look for the PS5 upgrade download. Once you've downloaded the game onto your PS5 - you're using the original PS4 disc to "run" the game. Yep.

Right now, PlayStation 5 (and by extension, the Xbox Series consoles) are held back by PlayStation 4/Xbox One, because developers are still making games for PS4/Xbox One. So about half of the games today are PS4/Xbox One games. It's the fault of both developers/publishers - AND the consumers. Developers/Publishers want to sell to the old PS4/Xbox One market, and the consumers aren't getting off of the PS4/Xbox One. Sad, but true... However, they will be forced to move off the old consoles.

The PS4/Xbox One versions of Black Ops 6 is HORRENDOUS. I thought MWII was bad, I was outdone by MWIII. Texture streaming is gonna be a huge problem, because PS5 does this easily. There's an SSD in there.

Tokyo Game Show is coming soon, so I think we're gonna see more to come. But ya'll need to wake up.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds