Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Promises but doesn't deliver

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about communities/admins that promise you or the community many things but then they do not deliver on such promises?

An example would be that I signed up to be a staff member on a forum that was being restarted and I was promised by the owner "I have X years amount of experience" and stuff like that. Whilst I knew that no forum gets of the ground quickly, I did my posting duties yet he did nothing. I just felt conned really and a it was a complete waste of my time.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yep it can be really annoying. What you probably understand though is that often a forum owner has a lot of work to do especially at the start of a forum. For example, I am going to have to fix our WooRank, try and sort out the theme here (which I have already started to do), start our directory (www.webgurudir.com) and our blog (www.webgurublog.org). Sometimes it can become a bit hard not to become side-tracked by other issues that arise, like Askimet or whatever. But, I don't think a forum owner should over promise and under deliver. If they say they are going to do something, you should be able to expect it within a reasonable time-frame :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds