Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

'Premium' Sites

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
So, when an Admin buys a premium software and a premium theme for his/her site or forum, do you think this basically upgrades their forum? By how much, or how little?

Advertisement Placeholder
Its definitely an upgrade.
This will give people the idea like you're not taking anything lightly and you're in this for a long time.
Also most of these premium stuffs give you extra features and good looks for your forum.

Its definitely an upgrade.
This will give people the idea like you're not taking anything lightly and you're in this for a long time.
Also most of these premium stuffs give you extra features and good looks for your forum.
I tend to agree, however sometimes you can have a free forum that looks and feels just as good as a paid forum :ilike:

With a really good theme, MyBB often imitates the look of Xenforo and it's free. So not really sure why i'd pay when I can get the look and many of the same features with mods from a free software. And, sometimes a forum looks upgraded cause of it's really nice theme, not the forum features. If that's true, then why not just pay for a slightly better theme for a free software? It couldn't be more than $35 for a good theme. That's nearly a $200 savings. That money could be put into promotion/advertising or contests to kick start the forum.

I tend to agree, however sometimes you can have a free forum that looks and feels just as good as a paid forum :ilike:
Once I find that route I'll find a decent free forum software and just get a bad ass theme. :p

If you are paying out your ass for a nice, premium forum software people generally take you more seriously. If you are willing to make your wallet a bit more lighter than it sends a message.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds