Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Premium Membership

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Do you offer premium membership on your forum? How much do you charge if you do and what are the benefits of it? If you don't offer this- Why not? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I offer VIP members for 5$ a month. VIP members get to access the VIP forum, where they can do anything they want to :D

i intend bringing it in in future once the forum is ticking over well. havent given consideration to exact charges or anything, have several ideas for it but need to plan it properly, right now my concern is getting the forum going

i intend bringing it in in future once the forum is ticking over well. havent given consideration to exact charges or anything, have several ideas for it but need to plan it properly, right now my concern is getting the forum going

Well for charges I would have a maximum percentage of premium members I wanted and then charge accordingly.... :) For a newer forum, I'd say the best idea is to charge say $2 for a month of premium but making sure you kept the 6 month and 1 year fees a lot higher...

It`s not really premium member but I have a donator group. The minimum required is $5 but so far everyone has donated more (all 2 donators xD). All donations go back into the site. It is permanent membership and gets you into the VIP room.

Premium Boards, Larger PM, Custom Title, Username color, access to exclusive competitions etc. Nobody has taken it up yet though :(

I have something similar to hissae2's donator group, only mine isn't a group, but more of a custom title badge the user earns if he/she makes any amount of donation for the site. Think of it as aesthetics.

Right now the forum is too small to warrant something like this and to be honest I don't think I'd use this.I can make money without premium memberships, there's other ways to earn a decent buck. we'll see. Anyway, it's not something I should do now anyway

I may offer premium memberships when and if I can come up with something that I as a member would enjoy paying for. For now, I'm happy with my poorly performing Adsense placements.

I may offer premium memberships when and if I can come up with something that I as a member would enjoy paying for. For now, I'm happy with my poorly performing Adsense placements.

Adsense is horrible for forums... I would suggest private advertisers, if you can get them... But it's up to you! :)

Adsense is horrible for forums... I would suggest private advertisers, if you can get them... But it's up to you! :)

I agree, but I have yet to launch and I don't think I can get private advertisers until I have something of value to offer. Adsense is mostly just a way to scrape the bucket for SOMETHING, as well as set a precedent for their existence later on.

I agree, but I have yet to launch and I don't think I can get private advertisers until I have something of value to offer. Adsense is mostly just a way to scrape the bucket for SOMETHING, as well as set a precedent for their existence later on.

It depends. If you're a really new forum, then I wouldn't suggest having adverts on there at all. People, for some reason, hate and will not join new forums with ads on them. When you get to around 5000 posts or so, see if you can reach out to private advertisers. WebGurubb, when I was still a co-owner, had a private advertiser at 1000 posts- but in the end, it wasn't very beneficial to the forum at that stage. :)

It depends. If you're a really new forum, then I wouldn't suggest having adverts on there at all. People, for some reason, hate and will not join new forums with ads on them. When you get to around 5000 posts or so, see if you can reach out to private advertisers. WebGurubb, when I was still a co-owner, had a private advertiser at 1000 posts- but in the end, it wasn't very beneficial to the forum at that stage. :)

I think there's a difference between a half-banner somewhere that isn't in the way, and plastering GIANT banners and 300x300 square ads in obnoxious places.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds