Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Post exchanges

Hissae21

Credits
Does anyone here use post exchanges to build activity? I think they are great when the forum is just starting out so you can build some content and make the forum look more active. But you shouldn't have to rely on them after the forum has been around for a while. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
It is a good strategy in theory. You want to make sure the posts you are having made or are self-making have purpose. I have seen a lot of spam posts on new forums, mostly copy/paste stuff and that never looks good!

I'm still new to post exchanges, and I am trying to work towards building a more dedicated user base. However, any activity on my site so far is good activity!

Post exchanges are a solid ways to build content. As you said, they shouldn't be used forever - that would only inflate your stats, instead of making a community. I've done them. If you do them with the right people, they aren't bad or anything.

Does anyone here use post exchanges to build activity? I think they are great when the forum is just starting out so you can build some content and make the forum look more active. But you shouldn't have to rely on them after the forum has been around for a while. What do you think?
Yes and no. It got tedious for me when I used to have like 6 or 7 on-going, daily exchanges. I only have 4 now, and they are small, but it was helped build activity. I'd like one day to have a lot of members so things are self-sustaining. We'll see!!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds