Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Plugins

pizza

Credits
AJ friends,

do you create your own forum plugins or do you have a developer?

there are obviously pros and cons to this, obvs if you create your own you need to know how to code and the xenforo system.

having a developer con is it's expensive and they can always steal your idea and you never hear from them again (not my personal experience but I am always sceptical)

Advertisement Placeholder
Mostly my own. Doesn't have to be XF; I've written stuff for various of the forum platforms. But I was a programmer before I came to run a forum, so...

XenForo lets you actually modify the core software; you get direct access to the database and everything - you literally couldn't safely implement Discord on Jcink for example unless John himself does it because there's no safe way to send the webhook when you can't hide the secret key from the front end users.

XenForo is written in PHP/SQL just like Jcink is, except it's about a decade and a half newer in coding style.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds