Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

People who open/close forums

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think of people who tend to buy domains all the time, set up forums, expect instant growth and then cry when it doesn't make instant money or becomes successfull overnight? Personally, those are the type of people that annoy me and they shouldn't be hanging around the forum scene in my view.

Unless you have very good reasons for opening and then closing so many sites, why should you be allowed to run a forum? You either annoy people or toy with people who like the community.

On a side note, I hate people who re-use databases everywhere. I've been part of a few who keep re-using databases and I get emails everyday from like 10 sites just becaue I'm a member so I get mass emailed. I didn't sign up to get spam from your future forums, sir.

Advertisement Placeholder
I find this a touch annoying. Like anything in life it takes time and patience to get a project going successfully. You cant be all gung-ho one day and expect a miracle.

I think it's just pathetic, honestly. I'm sure when WebGuruBB was founded it went through some tough times, yet the staff team didn't give up, they just powered on and made WebGuruBB into what it is today. If you don't have the dedication and the will to make your site succeed, then it has already failed.

I think it's just pathetic, honestly. I'm sure when WebGuruBB was founded it went through some tough times, yet the staff team didn't give up, they just powered on and made WebGuruBB into what it is today. If you don't have the dedication and the will to make your site succeed, then it has already failed.

We're always going through tough times but yes, Sam and Xpl0iter paddled through the crap at the start to make this forum what it is today. I am just the slave. Sylar is what dedication is all about though after what he has been through.

We're always going through tough times but yes, Sam and Xpl0iter paddled through the crap at the start to make this forum what it is today. I am just the slave. Sylar is what dedication is all about though after what he has been through.

After reading your interview I learnt a lot of the struggles WGBB went through, and yes Sylar is a beast.

After reading your interview I learnt a lot of the struggles WGBB went through, and yes Sylar is a beast.

Sylar is always a beast but PB is a labor or his love and it really does shine through. :)
I didn't disclose everything in that interview, one could tell you stories...

This is just like the whole ZetaBoards BS that went on a year or more ago. People open and close their forums like it is water. I really dislike these people, and shun upon them.

I can't comment much about it here, as i partial belong to this category. Try to correct myself. But don't know when i will do it.
You actually put work into the forums you open though before you close them, the majority open up, post once or twice and then cry about the lack of activity! You stick with it for a while at least mate!

I admit I have had to close sites shortly after opening; but this was more to do with personal IRL commitments and nothing to do with expecting instant growth.
Furthermore, people who do this all the time piss me off. Along with this, people who just make forums because they like another forum that's the same exact topic annoy me as well. Be original; which is why I don't have a forum at the moment (I'm coming up with some cool niche, unique stuff...But I don't want to make anything that is similar to another site, even a bit)

I just googled the interview and it was a good read, really opened my eyes about this place. Just makes me love this place more. :') Glad to be part of this place.

And as for the topic at hand, I use to do this. I opened up a gaming forum, it ran for three months, I was done because I was an impatient little kid. Over the years thought that the struggle only makes you stronger! Read my words there potential forum owners and take it to heart. Even if you forum is inactive for weeks it is never to late to continue on.

Well spoken words by the master! Never give up on your forum, even if it has been failing; that's no reason to give up.. if anything that's just a reason to try harder!

It definitely comes down to effort, time, and patience. You must be willing to put in a lot of effort to get it off of its feet. This will take time and you may have to deal with a lot of stress. But if you can get the boat sailing, then you'll be so happy you did all the hard work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds