Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Only Keywords In My Image Alt Tags? or Some writing?

SeanFace101

Website
www.seanface.com
Credits
Im doing some on-site SEO just now and im adding alt tags to all the images on my website.
Im wanting to know if when adding these alt tags, Should each tag be writen like a sentence or should the tag be writen like a list? by a list, i mean.. Keyword, Keyword, Keyword, Keyword. Can someone please help me out with this because i dont want to add alt tags to all my images to then find out i did it wrong. Thank You!

Also.. I have a few images that are just thin faded bars for design. Is it better to just leave the alt tags blank for these. Im not sure because i know that it isnt good to have missing alt tags, but theres nothing i can put to describe coloured rectangles lol.

Does anybody have any information or help they can give me for writing the Alt for images?
Thanks!

Advertisement Placeholder
It will be better if you have one keyword per image, otherwise there are chances for google to suspect keyword stuffing on your website. To be safe, never insert more than 5 keywords per article. Also try to avoid duplicates of a keyword in the same article.

Always insert alt tag keywords for at least an average sized image. I don't see any points in putting alt tag keywords for all those tiny images!

It will be better if you have one keyword per image, otherwise there are chances for google to suspect keyword stuffing on your website. To be safe, never insert more than 5 keywords per article. Also try to avoid duplicates of a keyword in the same article.

Always insert alt tag keywords for at least an average sized image. I don't see any points in putting alt tag keywords for all those tiny images!

Pretty much- Google is cracking down on overly optimized sites and Keyword stuffing is something they're going to be after. If you have the image surrounded by other text, your keywords will be in there anyway :)

Avoid keyword stuffing, even in alt image tags as that can get your site penalized. It wouldn't be a bad idea to include a few short sentences in the alt image tags, integrating your keywords.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds