Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Off-Topic Sections?

Maximum1

Credits
How do you guys feel about Off-Topic Sections on forums?

I feel like it is something that is needed so the members can go and relax with other members and just discuss a variety of things that they want.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree. With an off-topic section you can also have a "forum games" area so members just play games to entertain themselves with. Some forums will disable the post count in the forum games area though, it just depends on the owner/administrator.

I greatly believe an "off-topic" section is defiantly needed for any type of forum really. It's always nice for both the person running the forum and the community of the forum. It helps the person running the forum gain more activity, as most people do enjoy a good old chat about things which may not be related to the website topic, while it's also nice for the community as it gives them more options on what they are wanting to post about. I also feel that an off-topic section could also possibly bring the community closer as it may help members find common ground with each other, building up to possible online friendships.

Off topic sections are very important. They let the members kick back and relax for a little while. Though, the off topic sections shouldn't be the primary source of activity for a forum.

A lot of forum owners get frustrated when the on-topic area of the forum isn't getting enough activity, but attacking the off-topic sections isn't the correct solution. I feel like all forums should have an off-topic section. Off-topic sections help you get to know the other members of the community that you are posting with.

They are not needed but are a good thing to have to let users relax from the forum niche and just talk about stuff.

When i started my forum I never had off topic section the only reason is I wanted posts in the main forums. As many members suggested me to add an offtopic section so I made a seperate section for it. It looks like all members are enjoying posting in off topic.
I really a good idea to have members relax for some time.

I believe an off-topic section is compulsory for ever forum. It makes the forum quite suffocated if you want people to only chat about the main focus and not have a section to chill out and discuss about other cool things. I've always had an off-topic section on my forums.

I believe that an off-topic area can be beneficial, but isn't always needed. For example, I was an administrator on a MMORPG's onsite forum for a number of years, and we had the typical general chat board for off-topic discussions, and the general chat board for the game itself, and the members used both boards to talk about the game. Even though that that board was designed for other stuff, that forum never technically needed it, because everyone focused on discussing ingame politics more than anything else.

I feel it is okay. But at the same time, I don't count forum cash for that area. I don't see it's content building on the current community I have built.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds