Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Networking members on the community

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
I'm a Community Manager for a paid online community. I get paid to do my job.

One of my duties is to connect new community members with other members they could relate to. It's an entrepreneurial-based community, so the idea of helping members network works out and provides value.

Is this something you feel that your community and it's niche can accomplish? If not, why not? If yes, is it something you're doing and can you provide an example?

I feel like if more communities did this (free or paid), we could leverage more value and make our forums even better.

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm a Community Manager for a paid online community. I get paid to do my job.

One of my duties is to connect new community members with other members they could relate to. It's an entrepreneurial-based community, so the idea of helping members network works out and provides value.

Is this something you feel that your community and it's niche can accomplish? If not, why not? If yes, is it something you're doing and can you provide an example?

I feel like if more communities did this (free or paid), we could leverage more value and make our forums even better.

Could you explain what ways you connect the new members with existing members?

Could you explain what ways you connect the new members with existing members?
So what I've been working on is watching new member introductions.

Where is the member located? What is the member's interests? What are their goals?

Then when others join with related interests, goals, and location details - I encourage the two to connect by either DMing them together or @username tagging onto a post.

Exchanges and collaboration sections are also a great way to help network members. But they need to be really inviting.

So what I've been working on is watching new member introductions.

Where is the member located? What is the member's interests? What are their goals?

Then when others join with related interests, goals, and location details - I encourage the two to connect by either DMing them together or @username tagging onto a post.

Exchanges and collaboration sections are also a great way to help network members. But they need to be really inviting.

Do you keep a spreadsheet with all this?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds