Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Need help

Advertisement Placeholder
A URL will defiantly help! We need to find out your niche and also see your site so we can see the pros and cons

Thankyou :) Now we can get down to some ideas for improvement! Just bear in mind I'm not going to tell you all the things I love about the forum, I want to get to the crux of why I think you're not building activity how you want to ;)

• I would change the position of the introductions board to make it more easy to find.... There are a few places people generally look for the intro board: In the site info category at the top, at the top of the first category and at the top of the general chat area/ lounge.
  • A few boards have no posts in them- all boards need threads to have something to discuss within them... :)
  • Some boards haven't had a post for a few weeks, if no-one is starting topics then just go ahead and start a few yourself- get people interested in that area of the site and they'll spend longer on your forum.
  • Personally I think a shoutbox works for a gaming forum, bear in mind however that it can reduce the number of posts you get on the forum....
Ok now for the promotion side of things:

• You haven't yet run any competitions. Competitions encourage members to post more and revisit your forum. You can and should, try and get at least partial sponsorship for some competitions to save money.
  • From what I can see, you're not actively using PostLoop.com. Postloop is a post exchange website which automates forum post exchanges. Although you are unlikely to get many real members from PostLoop, what the site does is boosts activity. This entices other members which you find to stay on and lurkers to join your forum.
  • You are not actively using the site promotion threads on ForumPromotion.net, here and on other promotion forums. Although you may only get a few active members from this, it still gives your real members that are not your offline friends... ForumPromotion is the best place to start because there are a lot of FP members interested in gaming...
  • Posting Packages, ad slots and reviews are other ways which you can use promotion forums to help aid the activity and improvement of your forum- make use of them!
  • Forum Battles on promotion forums can be a great way to attract the attention of people as to how well designed and well thought out your site really is. You may loose but just enter a few- it all helps!
  • Post Exchanges: Offer to do some post exchanges with other forum owners, this will boost your activity and encourage real members.
Well I hope that was at least a little bit helpful :D And sorry if there were lots of grammar and spelling errors in it- I'm a little time pressured + tired! :coffee:

Sam

Alright here are my suggestions
-Remove Buy/Sell/Trade board
-Make "Play With Me" a sub board
-Make a Nintendo category, Nintendo are gaming gods and they don't even have their own board
-The whole community board is kinda messed up. Usually community boards are introductions, site updates, and such, but you have popular games, clan talk, forum games, rant all in one, defiantly need to fix that
- Remove computer lounge. BTW. Shouldn't PC Gaming be in Gaming?

Thankyou :) Now we can get down to some ideas for improvement! Just bear in mind I'm not going to tell you all the things I love about the forum, I want to get to the crux of why I think you're not building activity how you want to ;)

• I would change the position of the introductions board to make it more easy to find.... There are a few places people generally look for the intro board: In the site info category at the top, at the top of the first category and at the top of the general chat area/ lounge.
  • A few boards have no posts in them- all boards need threads to have something to discuss within them... :)
  • Some boards haven't had a post for a few weeks, if no-one is starting topics then just go ahead and start a few yourself- get people interested in that area of the site and they'll spend longer on your forum.
  • Personally I think a shoutbox works for a gaming forum, bear in mind however that it can reduce the number of posts you get on the forum....
Ok now for the promotion side of things:

• You haven't yet run any competitions. Competitions encourage members to post more and revisit your forum. You can and should, try and get at least partial sponsorship for some competitions to save money.
  • From what I can see, you're not actively using PostLoop.com. Postloop is a post exchange website which automates forum post exchanges. Although you are unlikely to get many real members from PostLoop, what the site does is boosts activity. This entices other members which you find to stay on and lurkers to join your forum.
  • You are not actively using the site promotion threads on ForumPromotion.net, here and on other promotion forums. Although you may only get a few active members from this, it still gives your real members that are not your offline friends... ForumPromotion is the best place to start because there are a lot of FP members interested in gaming...
  • Posting Packages, ad slots and reviews are other ways which you can use promotion forums to help aid the activity and improvement of your forum- make use of them!
  • Forum Battles on promotion forums can be a great way to attract the attention of people as to how well designed and well thought out your site really is. You may loose but just enter a few- it all helps!
  • Post Exchanges: Offer to do some post exchanges with other forum owners, this will boost your activity and encourage real members.
Well I hope that was at least a little bit helpful :D And sorry if there were lots of grammar and spelling errors in it- I'm a little time pressured + tired! :coffee:

Sam

You nailed it Sam!
Right to the points, after reading this, I don't think I have anything else to suggest!

You could be marketing to the wrong place!! A good way to start is social media.

This would be what I would have focused on just because I like the aspect of social media marketing but Sams post is also full of useful information you should consider. I will however give you my view in SMM (Social Media Marketing) just because many views is better than on view in my eyes. :p

Twitter, Facebook and Blogging platforms are what I would consider SMM and are things that I would look at when setting up a new site. For me, I would treat my website as a brand, my personal brand and as such, the social media side of my 'brand' would be an extended arm of my main site if that makes sense. I view social media as a platform for the brand owner (you) to interact with your customers (forum goers in this case) on a more personal level than you would on a forum. Twittr for example, you can it to see if there have been any mentions of your forum/product etc on the whol of Twitter if I remember correctly which is something we didn't have many years ago. Too me, social media is another tool in the arsenal of any website. Sure, looking at our twitter and Facebook we dont exactly have the murmur or sophisticated social media users but the fact is we had them ready to go when we want to utilise them. Our blog is already up and running which leads me on the bogging side of things.

As well as being a good SEO tool (which to me, is a form of marketing in a sense) It is again, another way for you to interact with your users. Comments, writing bog posts and such, they are all ways in which you can negate with your user base and attract optical new members. We have many helpful articles on blogging in our knowledge room which yo could use to help you in your journey. In retrospect, I guess I mean just utilise everyone you can, social media is a small part of it but just something I like to talk about and act like I now something about. :p

Alright here are my suggestions
-Remove Buy/Sell/Trade board
-Make "Play With Me" a sub board
-Make a Nintendo category, Nintendo are gaming gods and they don't even have their own board
-The whole community board is kinda messed up. Usually community boards are introductions, site updates, and such, but you have popular games, clan talk, forum games, rant all in one, defiantly need to fix that
- Remove computer lounge. BTW. Shouldn't PC Gaming be in Gaming?

Done. Except for computer lounge.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds