Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Multiple small communities or one big community

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
I have multiple small communities, my communities are niche specific. Do you think running multiple niche-specific communities is better for revenue generation or running one big community with multiple niches is better? I have always though niche websites, even though they are small, are better than big multi-topic websites. I believe you can build targeted traffic if you are focusing on one single niche. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
The problem with running a multi-topic website is that there's always going to lots of off topic contents manage and deal with. This isn't usually a big problem for multiple small communities with specific niches. I think the whole chaos of dealing with multiple topic website is why some webmasters don't go such website.

I think it depends on the individual as to whether one big community or multiple small communities would work for you.

In my case, one big community offering different areas for different niches tends to work better for me compared to several different communities that I would have to focus on.

When it comes to blog though, I tend to go the single-niche route per blog as I feel that is better when it comes to SEO and such.

I think having multiple small communities sounds nice, but you're going to stretch yourself thin working multiple sites. Instead why not make a community that has subcommunities attached to them, so a site that features more than one option so to say. Does that make sense? It allows you to keep everyone in one area, but in their own areas if they desire.

I think having multiple small communities sounds nice, but you're going to stretch yourself thin working multiple sites. Instead why not make a community that has subcommunities attached to them, so a site that features more than one option so to say. Does that make sense? It allows you to keep everyone in one area, but in their own areas if they desire.
When I created my first public community, I started on the crypto niche. Even though the niche was too narrow, I had members who were actually interested in niche, therefore, the content was good and I generated search traffic as well.

I have multiple small communities, my communities are niche specific. Do you think running multiple niche-specific communities is better for revenue generation or running one big community with multiple niches is better? I have always though niche websites, even though they are small, are better than big multi-topic websites. I believe you can build targeted traffic if you are focusing on one single niche. What do you think?

I believe having multiple small communities is the way to go. You can focus on building each of these communities on a niche and work on growing them to be on the first page of Google. I know this is going to take time, but it is never impossible.

Managing multiple small communities is more easier from my experience with using them and managing one for years. The help which I need as a support to manage multiple small communities would not break me if I put my staff on being paid.

Managing multiple small communities is more easier from my experience with using them and managing one for years. The help which I need as a support to manage multiple small communities would not break me if I put my staff on being paid.
The major problem with forum is building members and activities. With the proliferation of various kinds of social sites, and the social sites allowing users to monetize their activities, forums are losing the game.

The major problem with forum is building members and activities. With the proliferation of various kinds of social sites, and the social sites allowing users to monetize their activities, forums are losing the game.

Yes, this is true. Social media sites have been a nail which have been driven in to seal the coffin of forums and with the new monetization of accounts they started, it's making everyone doing anything possible to start earning from their accounts. Forums are not having it easy.

Given the state of forums we have now, merging everything into a single community does not seem like a good idea to me. Google is very specific about authority metrics in ranking. This means it helps if you are concentrating on a single subject.

I believe having multiple small communities is the way to go. You can focus on building each of these communities on a niche and work on growing them to be on the first page of Google. I know this is going to take time, but it is never impossible.

Forum management is never an impossible project. It's all about what you can be able to do, the knowledge that you have, the resources at your disposal and finally the time you have to face the forum's project square and head on. When all these are not feasible, it's going to be very difficult for you to make any progress.

Given the state of forums we have now, merging everything into a single community does not seem like a good idea to me. Google is very specific about authority metrics in ranking. This means it helps if you are concentrating on a single subject.

Planing and concentrating on a single project is a better idea when you consider how Google rankings work. You want to be able to build a community that will easily rise through the ranks on Google with top contents on the site as well.

Planing and concentrating on a single project is a better idea when you consider how Google rankings work. You want to be able to build a community that will easily rise through the ranks on Google with top contents on the site as well.

The most important thing is actually being able to focus on each particular project that you want to go through and see it become successful because. It is going to require a lot of work and commitment in order to make sure that everything that you're supposed to oversee would go successfully. Forum management isn't a joke or play thing.

Yes, this is true. Social media sites have been a nail which have been driven in to seal the coffin of forums and with the new monetization of accounts they started, it's making everyone doing anything possible to start earning from their accounts. Forums are not having it easy.
If you see social sites as your competitors, I think you will have wrong expectations about your forums. Forums can never compete with social sites. However, if you see sites like Quora or mylot as your competitor, you might have a chance of building your forums as a reliable site to find information.

If you see social sites as your competitors, I think you will have wrong expectations about your forums. Forums can never compete with social sites. However, if you see sites like Quora or mylot as your competitor, you might have a chance of building your forums as a reliable site to find information.

Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and the rest have given forums a very wide gap that it is impossible for forums to catch up with them today in any kind of competition level.

So, any forum owner that is looking at competing with all those social media platform is simply wasting his time.

I never liked Reddit because there was too much going on. Yes, they have all sorts of communities but you never actually feel like you are forming bonds or connections with real people. It feels like you are interacting with robots. I prefer smaller niche communities for this reason.

I never liked Reddit because there was too much going on. Yes, they have all sorts of communities but you never actually feel like you are forming bonds or connections with real people. It feels like you are interacting with robots. I prefer smaller niche communities for this reason.

Seriously, it's a chaos on Reddit most of the time. There's a friend of mine who calls it a dumping ground for all manner of garbage that's all in the name of content. There's no denying the level of traffic that comes on Reddit but it's not a coordinated platform at all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds