Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Multiple small blogs or one big blog

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
Would you like to create multiple small blogs or one big blog? The word small is used to refer to less content and smaller traffic, and big is used for huge traffic and a lot of content. I own multiple small blogs. Some are niche specifies and some are multi niches. Recently, someone suggested me to merge my multiple blogs and create one big blog, do you think I will receive better traffic and also earn better with a bigger blog?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I can say that having a big blog with huge traffic and a lot of contents require a lot of work. Your daily schedule needs to be very free for you to have the time to write lengthy blog posts frequently and publish on your blog every day. When you don't have the time to write those contents, you will need to hire in-house or guest writers to do the job for you.

When it comes to blogs I tend to end up creating smaller single niche blogs over having one huge blog that that concentrates on different niches.

I find that having a single niche blog helps you target an audience better as you can advertise it as one niche and those who are interested in that niche know that they can find what they are interested in or looking for within that blog.

It depends actually. Both of them come with their set of advantages and disadvantages.

A single big blog is easier to manage, easier to promote, it can draw audiences relating to different sections of it but it also comes with challenges like its difficult to optimize SEO as it will have multiple topics in it which comes with another challenge of not being able to attract audiences for all the topics.

On the other hand, multiple small blogs is helpful in targeting specific topics, easy to optimize SEO, can customize each topic's banner and it is very less overwhelming. But it again comes with challenges like it is difficult to manage since there will be multiple blogs, it will be more time consuming, it will be difficult to advertise as well. Also, the audience will be all spread up.

I think it comes down to what the blogs are about. You can run multiple blogs about differing subjects. Each blog can be different. Versus one blog, you're either limited to one subject, or your focus goes to a blog about a bigger subject, or multiple subjects.

Personally if you have a lot of niches you want to cover, making multiple blogs is recommended. But if you have one singular idea, than I think one blog with be good enough for that.

When it comes to blogs I tend to end up creating smaller single niche blogs over having one huge blog that that concentrates on different niches.

I find that having a single niche blog helps you target an audience better as you can advertise it as one niche and those who are interested in that niche know that they can find what they are interested in or looking for within that blog.
When it comes to blogging, we seem to share similar thoughts. I created my first site in 2015 and within 3 months I was already running three websites. By the time my first site was one year old, I already had 12 websites. I like niche based small blogs instead of multi niche big blogs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds