Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Motivating yourself?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I saw this question in one of the admin forums out there and thought this is a question that need to be asked here!
So the big question, what keeps you motivated?
Lack of motivation is the one reason for the closing down of many of these forums! So lets discuss this, what keeps you motivated?

For me it would be the efforts I put in recently on my websites. I don't like to see all my effort going as a waste! :/

Advertisement Placeholder
I love meeting and talking to new people is why I do it. I have sold 3 different forums and the reason why I sold them is because they grew out of my control. Instead of trying to hire staff I got overwhelmed and burned out and ended up giving up and selling the forums.

Greg

Well, if those were having good activity, you could have appointed staffs for helping you out!
Anyway lesson learned and you got some experience!
After all, learning from experiences is what makes your arsenal awesome!

Well, if those were having good activity, you could have appointed staffs for helping you out!
Anyway lesson learned and you got some experience!
After all, learning from experiences is what makes your arsenal awesome!
I would rather have a forum that got around 15+ posts a day then a forum that was getting 300+ posts a day. My best forum was peaking at 300 posts a day it was total chaos. I was on the forum 16hrs a day until I burned out.

Greg

Whats keeps me going? Well, WebGuru is my main online project now and it is one of my first 'projects' that i have actually committed to and to be quite honest, I don't know why I do. I believe though, that it is a combination of working with awesome people but also because I can see WGBB going far in the future. I want to be a part of making this forum awesome and we have made good strides in our first few months already so it leads me to believe there is many more strides to greatness we could make.

My motivation sounds far fetched, but it is the a big reason I am motivated to keep my site, no matter how far I have to go. I want my site to out rank ForumPromotion, and take them down. I hate how they can do what ever they want, and they have pretty much a monopoly (or use too) I got permanently banned for having admins help me with my old major project LonePortal, and they banned me, IP banned me, and banned everything from their site because their staff were busy helping me, and not their site...

I think there is a difference between burning out and loosing motivation - when I burn out I still desperately want to be doing whatever but am unable to - and even when I recover it can be hard coming back to it but I still care. Loosing motivation is when I wake up and think you know what I really cant be bothered. This cant be bothered can be either a case of boredom or a case of having come to hate what you are doing - on forums that tending to be a result of members getting out of hand and causing chaos.

Keeping motivated depends on whether becoming unmotivated is because of boredom or hating. Right now motivation is not a problem for me because its new and going well. Past experience tells me I will not loose motivation because of boredom - I just have to avoid the mistakes that made me hate what I was doing.

I don't think that there is some special way to motivate yourself.Its just all in our head.We just need to find things that we really like,and at the end of the hard work,we do those things that we like most.So yeah that's the best way to motivate yourself ;).

My motivation actually comes in two forms.

One of my motivations is fiscal. I constantly try to think of new and innovate ways to make my forum as profitable as it can possibly be.

The second (and more important) motivator for me is my desire to have the most unique and best forum of its kind out there. My goal is to have my forum be THE forum if you know what I mean.

My motivation actually comes in two forms.

One of my motivations is fiscal. I constantly try to think of new and innovate ways to make my forum as profitable as it can possibly be.

The second (and more important) motivator for me is my desire to have the most unique and best forum of its kind out there. My goal is to have my forum be THE forum if you know what I mean.

Could you share the tricks on how you make your forum more profitable , It might help motivating myself :D.

Could you share the tricks on how you make your forum more profitable , It might help motivating myself :D.

No problem. I'll gladly help anyone that asks for help. What kind of website are you running so I can get a better idea on how to monetize it for you?

My motivations is mainly the fact that I have a whole community(nearly 600) of members counting on the forum to be there the next day, and I intend to keep that expectation. Plus, I love foruming, and without it I pretty much just sit around and do nothing. Absolutely love what I do, as well; without this....not sure what I would be doing with my life :p

Sounds good to me sylar. I have reduced promotion over the last week or so because I am going to be away for a few days next week but its ticking over nicely - and the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night, even if I haven't been on the whole day like a lot of days is check. Like you I love doing it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds