Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Most users attention focuses on the left side of a webpage!

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I recently read "Most users attention focuses on the left side of a webpage!" in here: Horizontal Attention Leans Left
Did you know this before?

So I was thinking like moving the sidebar of one of my sites to the left side so that I get more clicks on the ads. But I should wait till I get enough traffic so that even if a few users are not happy with this change it doesn't effect on the traffic stats of the website.

Advertisement Placeholder
i wouldnt do it, your site or forums content starts from the left side, i wouldnt want to distract my visitors by placing irrelevant statistics or annoying ads rite in front of where they should be focused

I think i agree with tunescool, because content starts left i think it would be unwise to place your sidebar there, also i think even if these statistics are correct, it is equally true that people expect to see a sidebar on the right.

I think i agree with tunescool, because content starts left i think it would be unwise to place your sidebar there, also i think even if these statistics are correct, it is equally true that people expect to see a sidebar on the right.

They do because they're used to seeing information on the left and the unimportant crap on the right. I would imagine changing the sidebar would increase your adsense earnings... Test it out- there really isn't any harm in changing the sidebar location.

I am not talking about personal blogs or anything but the websites which are intent to make money for me. So if the left sidebar brings me more money then thats it going to be! :p

But as I said I have to wait until I get a good traffic per month. For now it would be unwise as I see a slight chance of reduction in the number of people who visit my website!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds