Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Morons?

FTON

Renowned member
Credits
What do you do when you have morons on your forums, especially when they think they are superior than the others or cause troubles?
I haven't face any of this yet.

Advertisement Placeholder
Someone you consider to be a moron might be a genius to someone else. Obviously if someone is causing trouble then actions need to be taken, but I don't think I'd ever consider one of my members to be a moron. I might disagree with their opinion, but no-one is ever a moron....each person has a skill they are good at.

I haven't really had this problem- or not that I can remember. What I would do is warn the member and then ban them if they failed to stop. I haven't really tried out a discourage user mod, maybe I'd use that instead...

Edit- As JLogan has said above you have to be careful when you class someone as a moron. You may be doing so because they are different from you.

Owning a graphic forum a lot of people in the graphics department think they are superior, and that they are the best of the best *just look at Southern Comfort ! (Kidding <3)* So I've had a lot of people like this. One person decided to argue with me, and bring it out of the selected thread, and reference it throughout the forum so I did have to ban him. Other than that, if they are not to blatant about things, and keep it low I don't have much problems with them.

Well it has nothing to do with difference, it has something to do with comming over and thinking to be the best with trolling others, and calling names...

Well it has nothing to do with difference, it has something to do with comming over and thinking to be the best with trolling others, and calling names...
That type of people aren't called morons, they're called "wannabe know-it-all". You can easily get rid of one by banning him/her for couple of days and it that doesn't help it, permanent ban is in order.

Owning a graphic forum a lot of people in the graphics department think they are superior, and that they are the best of the best *just look at Southern Comfort ! (Kidding :inlove:)* So I've had a lot of people like this. One person decided to argue with me, and bring it out of the selected thread, and reference it throughout the forum so I did have to ban him. Other than that, if they are not to blatant about things, and keep it low I don't have much problems with them.
Never once claimed to be the best of the best or even good as a matter of fact, I just know my shit. ;)

Well, I have met these kind of people. There was once an awesome forum based on hacking and exploits. The forum went down because of one single moron! :p

This guy was good at what he does. But he constantly trolled all the members and even the admins. But he had a lot of his own coded exploits, bots and all. Anyway the admins decided to ban him because it was too much. Then the next day the old admins were no more, they were banned and actually the troll became the only admin. A few days later the real admins were back on their status and the troll was banned again. Then after somedays the whole forum was gone. Then somehow it came back from a really old backup. This so called troll war continued for quite some time when finally the website founder just left the forum. The website stayed online for 3 or 4 months and then once the domain expired it was gone! :/

*Coughs Loudly

http://www.webgurubb.com/threads/free-logos-and-banners.2953/#post-25116

At least we know you do awesome graphics so it doesn't matter... :)
*CoughyoujustlinekdtotheVIPforumIknowtheycantseeitbutyouexposedoursupersecrethangoutCOUGH*

I'll never say I am bad, but having that air of constant authority on that I AM BETTER THAT YOU FEEL MY WRAITH I find distasteful. Finding yourself better than EVERYONE else is really unappealing, that's why I don't do it and it wouldn't be true. I believe that almost anyone can be a designer with the proper amount of time put into it. I don't think my shit doesn't stink. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds