Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Merch stores?

Smokey

Service Team
Service Team
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Do you think having a merch store is a good idea if your site is large enough? Do you think people would buy things such as t-shirts, phone cases, yetis, etc?

It's an idea I've always thought about but never did because I feel Revillution isn't big enough for it to make it worth it. Would you ever set up a merch store for your website?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would buy a yeti. If some opened up a merch store that sold bigfoot stuffed animals, I would buy one. I really liked the robot yeti in the Aetherlight.

On a more serious note, it depends on the strength of your brand. People buy merch because they want to support your organization's mission, enough that they want to promote and advertise your brand on their bodies or coffee mugs. It's about the meaning behind your brand, why your forum or organization exists, what your

Very few people buy merch because they need a jacket, they buy it because they want to support a cause.

I have tried monetizing ny websites with merch. I have used merch mainly on blogs, however, I have not tried on forums yet. If you have decent organic traffic you can generate sales. If you have a lot of members on your forums I believe you can generate sales on your forums as well.

I think it's cool if your website is a well established one, and is a recognizable brand. I personally wouldn't want to make merchandise based around any of my communities though, most are based around intellectual property and I would get in trouble by whoever owns the franchise if I try to make a profit off their franchise.

I think it's cool if your website is a well established one, and is a recognizable brand. I personally wouldn't want to make merchandise based around any of my communities though, most are based around intellectual property and I would get in trouble by whoever owns the franchise if I try to make a profit off their franchise.
What if you create your own designs, use services like Printify for printing and shipping service? There are no breach of intellectual rights if you are using your own design.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds