Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members who dislike staff

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
What do you do when a large majority of your members hate a particular staff member. Do you remove the staff member because of public opinion or make the members deal with it?

Advertisement Placeholder
Thats a hard question, I suppose it would depend upon why they disliked that staff member. We had an old staff member here who I got a few complaints from members about but because I too noticed the issue we made the decision to let the person go but hmm, you've got me thinking sir.

I think it would be quite interesting to look at this from both ways actually, have you ever had a staff member who may have disliked a member or another staff member? How did you deal with this?

Thats a hard question, I suppose it would depend upon why they disliked that staff member. We had an old staff member here who I got a few complaints from members about but because I too noticed the issue we made the decision to let the person go but hmm, you've got me thinking sir.
I see how it is. Fine. I'll leave :paperbag:
It depends how the staff member responds to the hate, and why he was hated. Obviously I want my members to be happy, so I would try and keep them happy with that staff member. If it was unavoidable, I might remove the team member.

I knew of a mod who was hated by members, because he was the one who banned a "popular" member who was being a troll. A bunch of them were asking for his expulsion or they would leave. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and both the mod and the members stayed. The mod left a few weeks later anyway.

Someone can never like everyone and people on forums tend to let it be known more because it's the internet and no one really cares. It is the place to say what you feel. Saying that, there is a limit. I might not like everyone but professionalism is key. There is nothing wrong about a member not liking staff unless that is causing problems to the forum and then I would have to look further into the situation. If there are multiple members who dislike a staff member then I would have to look into why. If it was causing a wide problem then I have two choices. Ban/warn all the members that hate the staff member or get rid of the staff. I always stick by my staff because that is what is meant to happen professionally so although it is a hard choice I would know what to do and at least try and keep it 'under covers' on the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds