Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Members PM Advertising on your community

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
It can be really annoying to receive unsolicited advertising messages, especially when we're just trying to enjoy the community and have conversations with our fellow members.

So, what do you all think about this? How do you handle it when members start sending you advertising messages? Do you have any specific tips or tricks that have worked for you in preventing this kind of thing?

Personally, I find it helpful to have a clear policy in place that outlines the consequences for members who engage in PM advertising. This can be as simple as a warning or a temporary ban, but it's important to have some kind of deterrent in place.

Additionally, giving members the option to report these kinds of messages can also be useful. This way, the moderators can keep an eye on the situation and take appropriate action if necessary.

Lastly, I think it's important to educate members about the proper use of PM's and the community's rules. A friendly reminder in the community's guidelines can go a long way in preventing PM advertising.

So, what do you all think? Have you had success with any of these tips or do you have any others to share? Let's hear your thoughts!

Advertisement Placeholder
If it's against the guidelines, then I would expect my members to report the issue to allow staff to investigate. Users who have PM advertised should be issued with a reminder and/or warning for breaking the rules.

I think it's also important to be clear about where advertising is allowed and most forums usually have multiple options which would mean the member has absolutely no reason to be violating the guidelines by PM advertising.
  • Making use of a 'Showcase' board to advertise their forum
  • Creating an attractive signature linking to their forum
  • Purchasing advertisement space on the forum with a banner advertising their forum
  • Using their own user profile to post a 'status' with a link

Every Site brings in the options of the Profile a section called: Website and there you must add which one you want, otherwise go to the advertising forum and capture the address. Outside places whose Member advertises violates the Rules and must be warned

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds