Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members just not getting along

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't had this happen to me, however this is how I would deal with the situation at hand. I would send each member verbal warnings via PM, and if this doesn't help then I will issue a suspension for each member involved. If the problem continues then I will end up banning both members from the board. There may be a chance in the future that I would unban their accounts, because sometimes people just need to take a step back and re-evaluate the situation and come back with a clean slate.

The snowglobe used to have plenty of people who didn't get along. I personally never had any issues with anyone though. I'd probably just tell each other to ignore one another or to move it somewhere else. There has to be a line drawn at some point.
or if it was in person i would just slap them and tell them to grow up and walk away haha

Have you ever seen two forum users who just do not get along? It always appears to be a "poke" or a "jab" at one another? How would you handle this as an administrator or moderator? What are some examples of this you've seen in the past, do you agree or disagree with how it was handled?
Actually, i have an example.

Back in a minute.

Have you ever seen two forum users who just do not get along? It always appears to be a "poke" or a "jab" at one another? How would you handle this as an administrator or moderator? What are some examples of this you've seen in the past, do you agree or disagree with how it was handled?
Sorry this example will require three posts:
[*Edit: heads up, naughty words]

Last edited:

It'd been brewing a while and almost got outta hand so i guess i dealt with it.

This actually happened months ago 😂 between 2/3 total members at the time.

Both are still members now, both are competitive with each other still, however they both maintain civility with each other.

It'd been brewing a while and almost got outta hand so i guess i dealt with it.

This actually happened months ago 😂 between 2/3 total members at the time.

Both are still members now, both are competitive with each other still, however they both maintain civility with each other.
That's intense stuff haha

I have seen this before in the past and it is definitely not something that is easy to approach at all. As an owner and also an admin though, it is something that you do need to be able to do it's just finding the best way to approach it without making things worse.

I personally would speak to both parties separately and ask them what was going on and if they could be a little more professional on the forum and not bring their personal issues onto the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds