Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Make a portal of all your sites?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
One thing I thought of for my sites, was to make one singular site that points to every single site I have currently up and running. I know there are such things as linktrees, and all that, but I mean a site my own, not tied to any other company that makes their own linktree services.

Do you think this would go over better than using something like a linktree?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have thought about this in the past but it has never been something I have gone ahead and done.

I have seen some people do it where they have a main point and they advertise all their sites on that one site which I hear works well for your sites to be found by people.

Linktree is something I use at the moment but sometimes, you want something that is a little more unique and that is something you could create yourself.

I think it is not advisable because it could be a good idea if you have for example 3 laravel+react js projects hosted but if you have 10 react + laravel projects hosted and 5 vue js + angular projects hosted and 7 nest js + MongoDB projects hosted that is 18 projects and generally, you will be active on 3 or 4 of them and most of them are just for learning programming purposes and apply what you learn as an example.

I once had a portfolio website. I used the website to sell my services and products as well as my websites and online projects. I remember, I had 24 sites listed on my portfolio website. later, I discontinued the site as well as a couple of other sites because domain renewal for multiple sites was financially difficult for me.

I once had a portfolio website. I used the website to sell my services and products as well as my websites and online projects. I remember, I had 24 sites listed on my portfolio website. later, I discontinued the site as well as a couple of other sites because domain renewal for multiple sites was financially difficult for me.
To be active on 24 sites you need a team working with you because it becomes very difficult for handle all works alone especially if there are bugs or something similar to this.

To be active on 24 sites you need a team working with you because it becomes very difficult for handle all works alone especially if there are bugs or something similar to this.
Yes, 24 sites are too many to run on your own, I don't think he didn't have any kind of staff on their websites, but really are too many and you would also need a lot of money to maintain them, besides, if you have staff, you will also have to pay them.

Unless your websites are forums or online stores, you do not need a lot of staff for your websites. You can easily run by hiring virtual assistants when ever needed. That's how I have been doing it for more than 8 years.

Unless your websites are forums or online stores, you do not need a lot of staff for your websites. You can easily run by hiring virtual assistants when ever needed. That's how I have been doing it for more than 8 years.
There are errors kido this:
Apache runtime error
Lightserver down
Ngnix out of service
BounceLoader is not defined
Migration of ProgresSQL is down
PHP version mismatch
lazy loading version is outdated
JS bounce reader is facing an issue
etc
If you have one website it is possible to handle server and client side errors from updating the code, but if it is many websites may some websites face runtime error from one of these errors or others.

Well, I have been running multiple websites sinece 2016 and I have never encountered major issuess on my website. I do agree that sometimes day to day operatiuon can be too big to handle, however, in a case like this one, I always hire virtual assistant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds